Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
no longer children
29 November 2017, 19:17,
RE: no longer children
(29 November 2017, 12:20)Straight Shooter Wrote: It is not the job situation that has control of this condition over here SS.

Our economy is in a boom right now.

Unemployment is at a historic low.

Wages are at an all time high here.

That is in spite of the negative propaganda from the news agencies.
...............................................................................................................................

I am a bit confused MB....what propaganda from what news agencies ? .....if all is as you say is TRUE ....why are interest rates so low ?....traditionally interest rates are a tool of central banks to control (Booms or Busts ) some banks offer negative rates ? when any economy is High or Booming rates go UP to control it and slow it down when the economy is struggling rates are low to re energise it ....off topic i know but it is a question of who,s propaganda you listen to ....if it looks like a duck ,it is a duck.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/29/fed-chai...onomy.html

There you go SS, and the source should be progressively acceptable.

We also have a stock market correction due before year end based on the record setting volume of the past year, so do not be surprised when the markets dip world wide in the near future.

One of the reasons I think these nesters are still at home is the difficulty of obtaining home mortgages as first time buyers no matter how much money they make or how stable their income is. It just does not pay to sell home loans at the present low rates, so the standards to qualify are set so high they can not obtain the money.

And part of it is the regulations on qualifying set up by our government over here in reaction to the last crisis, which was caused by undeserving people being granted loans on special programs instigated and demanded by the government.

I think some of these nesters are trying to skip the rental phase of economic life and go directly from the nest into home ownership. The present load structure has hindered them.

Messages In This Thread
no longer children - by Mortblanc - 28 November 2017, 18:46
RE: no longer children - by Straight Shooter - 28 November 2017, 22:19
RE: no longer children - by Mortblanc - 29 November 2017, 09:09
RE: no longer children - by Straight Shooter - 29 November 2017, 12:20
RE: no longer children - by Mortblanc - 29 November 2017, 19:17
RE: no longer children - by Skean Dhude - 29 November 2017, 14:01
RE: no longer children - by CharlesHarris - 30 November 2017, 15:41