Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For all the cowboys
13 February 2018, 22:35,
RE: For all the cowboys
That sighting system would not work for me CH, every rifle I own has a different sized "bead" and some of the fiber optic beads I use are quite large.

The fiber optic on my '94 is probably three times the size of the brass bead which was invisible in the shadows of the deep forest where I hunted. Many times I would lose sight of the bead or the rear sight, even at mid-day, while hunting in the woods.

I went to a scope on the '94 years ago, first the side mount. Although it worked and was accurate it made the rife unhandy to handle.

I changed to a forward mounted long eye relief scope and have been happy with that system. I can grasp the rifle at the balance point and carry it all day without fatigue.

I also use an illuminated cross-hair so the scope is usable as a holographic sight even in the darkness.

About 90% of the lever action rifles "reduced accuracy" is due to the iron sights. The second issue they have is the cheap scopes most people stick on top.

I have owned several Marlin 336 rifles in both 30-30 and .35 Remington and found them to be extremely accurate when used with a good scope.

Messages In This Thread
For all the cowboys - by Mortblanc - 12 February 2018, 21:49
RE: For all the cowboys - by CharlesHarris - 12 February 2018, 22:24
RE: For all the cowboys - by Mortblanc - 13 February 2018, 22:35
RE: For all the cowboys - by Pete Grey - 14 February 2018, 15:13
RE: For all the cowboys - by Midnitemo - 14 February 2018, 21:16
RE: For all the cowboys - by Mortblanc - 15 February 2018, 18:32
RE: For all the cowboys - by Midnitemo - 16 February 2018, 15:03