Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Range Day!
27 February 2018, 22:28,
Range Day!
Sunshine and 20c with just enough wind for the ground to be a little dry from the weeks of rain.

5 miles away the Ohio River is 10' above flood stage and folks are checking out their neighborhoods from row boats but where I am is fantastic.

Time for a Range Day!

I had messed with the scope on the "evil black rifle" in .308 and had acquired a batch of surplus ammo at a real cheap price, so I had that job of zeroing to do.

I had also brewed up a mess of 30-06 precision ammo for one of the "long shooters" and I needed to set the crosshairs on that also.

It took about 10 rounds each to walk the groups into position, five shots for test group and another few for the fun of it.

So I fired abut 40 rounds and on the way home I wondered why my feet were hurting! They had nothing to do with the shooting.

Then I realized that even with a spotting scope I had to run the targets up and down the range from 25 to 100, then 200 yards for each rifle. I had probably walked a mile and a half in the 3 hours I was there. So I got my shooting and my workout done for the day.

Now after all that hard work I must kick back and relax for a while, possibly take a nap. Retirement is the greatest thing man ever invented!

Messages In This Thread
Range Day! - by Mortblanc - 27 February 2018, 22:28
RE: Range Day! - by CharlesHarris - 28 February 2018, 02:46
RE: Range Day! - by Pete Grey - 28 February 2018, 15:40
RE: Range Day! - by Mortblanc - 28 February 2018, 05:50
RE: Range Day! - by Midnitemo - 28 February 2018, 06:34
RE: Range Day! - by CharlesHarris - 28 February 2018, 17:21
RE: Range Day! - by CharlesHarris - 1 March 2018, 06:48