Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK 4 meals away from anarchy in a disaster?
22 March 2018, 20:35,
RE: UK 4 meals away from anarchy in a disaster?
Unfortunately the country of magna carta is not very good on democracy these days, none of the political parties can agree amongst themselves, so the intelligence services talk to the civil service then tell lies to the current ruling party who then run round like headless chickens, remember Tony Blair and the WMD.
22 March 2018, 20:48,
Sounds good MB.....trouble is ....your profile and political views and buying preferences ...along with your (Friends) are then stored , logged ....then sold to any third party....then manipulated into what ever is required....no thanks ! i,ll sit here and just complain about it all....i no longer believe in the illusion politicians vomit up or fire from their rear end....the most efficient way is to rob them....do not vote....for any ! .....you remove yourself out of the loop ....along with them.....they have no loop at all, all is required is for nobody to vote....yep i'm a bloody genius....thing is MB when we the people take the time to vote the result is .....as right now....... everyone wants either another vote (Brexit) or impeachment (Trump) and if this does not happen ....old faithfull...............BLAME IT THE RUSSIANS.....what do you not understand ? lol.
23 March 2018, 05:53,
So by that standard the only people that vote are the ones that agree with them, so they are justified by full confidence of the electorate, guided by the media, in what they are doing?

This creates a self imposed one party system where one is guaranteed opposition and persecution.

It really sounds like you have them right where they want you!

I do not understand this rationale.

Sorry, it must be a cultural thing.

We have folks over here that have died fighting for their right to vote and we do not give our right to franchise up easily.
23 March 2018, 09:36,
As i have said ....no one votes...zero...votes = zero mandate ....doing nothing....is the power.....do you really think you...i ...have a choice at the ballot box ?.....your choice in the US ....REP/DEM ....over here LAB/CON.....democracy or hypocrisy ...take your pick , the perpetuation of illusion you/we have a true choice.....acceptance of the illusion .....is to capitulate and give up the power you thought you held via your vote.....although it appears to be ridiculous ....yep.....i am willing to try it out, just jump off the bus ......maybe this leads to a different paradigm ....that will work for the good of all....not the few .
23 March 2018, 18:12,
(23 March 2018, 05:53)Mortblanc Wrote: So by that standard the only people that vote are the ones that agree with them, so they are justified by full confidence of the electorate, guided by the media, in what they are doing?

This creates a self imposed one party system where one is guaranteed opposition and persecution.

It really sounds like you have them right where they want you!

I do not understand this rationale.

Sorry, it must be a cultural thing.

We have folks over here that have died fighting for their right to vote and we do not give our right to franchise up easily.

MB don’t you think Brits have also fought and died for democracy?. Governments these days don’t give a f*** for the will of the people, they feed on power and the rest of us can go to hell.
23 March 2018, 18:57,
Sadly, Pete, I have to agree. It's a sign of the times we live in. But..... I have developed a healthy disrespect for authority and a very bolshy attitude to unwanted bureaucracy. I'm going to be a real old crab!!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
23 March 2018, 20:41,
Mary i trust the bu***rs as far as i could throw them, bring back Guy Fawkes, bring on the revolution.
As i’ve said before i’m a grumpy sod and to old to change.
24 March 2018, 15:09,
Every day more and more people in the UK are opening their eyes and seeing what is going on. People like us are spreading the message and even people with the IQ of a fairly intelligent rock are thinking.

The problem with our government is they think they can keep the bullshit up and we will follow on. If they were sensible they would allow a conservative to drive for a while. All that happens is we end up moving to more radical people and then at the end we end up with someone like Hitler. Crazy but that seems to be the way they want to go by doubling down every time.

Personally Brexit is going to be the big test. If they renege on that then they will trigger civil disobedience. Luckily for them they have prepared for a long time and have disarmed most of us. We will be relying on the US to arm the rebels just as they did in Syria, Libya, Iraq, and all the others. They could start now by allowing mail order to the UK again. Smile
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
24 March 2018, 15:40,
I have to say I'm in agreement with MB on this one. They have succeeded in demoralising and instilling fear in people to such a degree that not many bother voting or being active. If you don't like aspects of a political party then why not join that party and find others in that party with a like mind and attempt change from within (this can be particularly effective at a local level) Isn't that what Trump has done against all the odds and resistance against him? And Brexit and in Italy.

We (Brits) were not always like this, remember when people used to say things like: I can say what I think, it's a free country. You don't hear many people say that any more. Case in point, not many people bother going to speakers corner in hyde park any more, except islamic radicals, so now it's full of islamic radicals. As MB said, by not doing anything you are simply giving your power away to the other side. But at speakers corner recently there has been an attempt to restore the balance with others of a counter viewpoint and it needed to be heavily policed!

Once enough people start getting the confidence to speak up it then emboldens others to do the same, and then with all that support it becomes more difficult to single people out/pick on them/persecute them. They want you to loose hope so you won't resist them and make their jobs easier. Never loose hope.
30 March 2018, 15:29,
I would say it's pretty much true for more than the average person.

Society are so reliant upon the very system that, in a catastrophic happening, will crash and burn.