Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK 4 meals away from anarchy in a disaster?
6 April 2018, 16:08,
RE: UK 4 meals away from anarchy in a disaster?
In spite of this sensationalism, selective memory and projection of the impossible, the situation is not pertinent to a prepared person.

If you are prepared for whatever duration of time you have selected as your target then how long the goodies in the supermarket will last is not a consideration, nor is the reaction of the people running in to fight over the crumpets.

There is a very great difference between a riot and a revolt. And if the unarmed police are waiting for reinforcement of other unarmed police then SHTF has not happened. When the unarmed police are pulled out and replaced by military forces with specific rules of engagement and answerable to military court rather than civil authorities is when you have a problem. Just ask the Venezuelans. They have been at this for 10 years.

And those people have discovered that even in their South American country, with many truly remote areas and only a fraction of the population of GB, there is no place to run to and nowhere to hide.

As for the beggars??? Keep in mind that all through the ages the children have been sent out to beg for the parents because they are difficult to refuse. I have seen groups of child beggars sweep through a village and come out the other side loaded with food and cash, jump into their parents vehicles and speed away.

Even today the organized beggars of UNSCO, UNICEF, charity hospitals and relief organizations use dramatic films of the starving and crippled children to gain offerings without telling anyone that 95% of the funds go to political contributions and salaries of staff.

So gather your gear and supplies, sit on your stuff, above all keep your mouth shut, and wait. I do not know of anyone that has regretted having a bit of food available for emergencies.

Personally, I have been waiting since 1962, through a half dozen recessions and several stock market crashes, through riots, protests, devaluation of currency, threats to established law, changes in government, shortages, droughts and blizzards, and it has not happened yet.

I have become certain that if society wide SHTF occurs in a modern first world nation it has to be specifically and thoughtfully engineered by the governments in charge as a means of transfer of power.

Messages In This Thread
RE: UK 4 meals away from anarchy in a disaster? - by Mortblanc - 6 April 2018, 16:08