Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Life after TSHTF
23 January 2012, 16:46,
RE: Life after TSHTF
(23 January 2012, 16:26)bigpaul Wrote: empty tin cans need to be burnt out-put on the fire, so that any food residue dosent attract rats, i thought of using tins as roof tiles-i think the Yanks call them shingles or some such-although they mostly use wooden ones, i'm a bit worried about this as they would shine in the sun-wouldn't this attract scavengers? i would be trying to keep a low profile after all the panic had died down so i dont want to do anything to attract attention. agree with you that after the panic wouldnt be any more packaged food so no more rubbish- but am a bit worried what will be dumped in the interim, sheeple arent going to be too bothered about what they dump or where, so there may be some around that we, the survivors, will have to deal with.

I hear what you're saying about attracting rats and the worry about the shine attracting scavengers But onc eyou have a root built, there will be paint pots with stuff in around most garages. You can use dirt to dill it, or however you want. I'd probably dig up a load of turf and use that. But in general they would be really good roof tiles. They would make an awesome sound in the rain as well!!!
23 January 2012, 16:49,
(23 January 2012, 16:46)Scythe13 Wrote: But in general they would be really good roof tiles. They would make an awesome sound in the rain as well!!!

i've slept under tin roofs in a storm-dosent half keep you awake!!Tongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
23 January 2012, 16:52,
(23 January 2012, 16:49)bigpaul Wrote: i've slept under tin roofs in a storm-dosent half keep you awake!!Tongue

I've had similar experiences. Heavy rains, but not storming. I sleep through most things, so can't really comment on that. Although it did wake me up twice, which means I did manage to go back to sleep pretty well.
23 January 2012, 18:19,
(23 January 2012, 16:52)Scythe13 Wrote:
(23 January 2012, 16:49)bigpaul Wrote: i've slept under tin roofs in a storm-dosent half keep you awake!!Tongue

I've had similar experiences. Heavy rains, but not storming. I sleep through most things, so can't really comment on that. Although it did wake me up twice, which means I did manage to go back to sleep pretty well.
same here, i've slept through hail storms, thunder storms and the like, wake up in the morning and the wife will say" did you see the thunder and lightning last night"-nope, slept right through itTongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
23 January 2012, 20:08,
Back to the thread subject

(23 January 2012, 18:19)bigpaul Wrote: same here, i've slept through hail storms, thunder storms and the like, wake up in the morning and the wife will say" did you see the thunder and lightning last night"-nope, slept right through itTongue

That is both a blessing and a real danger isn't it? It kind of scares me. I could wake up and find everything is gone! haha. There's no way we could be in the same compound BP. We are the guys on watch at Pearl Harbour that didn't wake up after the first few bombs dropped.
24 January 2012, 10:35,
the good thing is we could wake up long after TSHTF and find everyone else dead!
24 January 2012, 14:02,
(24 January 2012, 10:35)bigpaul Wrote: the good thing is we could wake up long after TSHTF and find everyone else dead!

That's an interesting use of the word 'good'. Not sure if waking up to a genocide is ever a good thing. But I get what you're saying.
24 January 2012, 14:25,
(24 January 2012, 14:02)Scythe13 Wrote:
(24 January 2012, 10:35)bigpaul Wrote: the good thing is we could wake up long after TSHTF and find everyone else dead!

That's an interesting use of the word 'good'. Not sure if waking up to a genocide is ever a good thing. But I get what you're saying.
well its "good" from a survivors point of view, if everyone else is dead or missing presumed dead, then that leaves all that lovely looting stuff for yours truly, which is my definition of heavenly!Tongue
24 January 2012, 14:28,
(24 January 2012, 14:25)bigpaul Wrote: well its "good" from a survivors point of view, if everyone else is dead or missing presumed dead, then that leaves all that lovely looting stuff for yours truly, which is my definition of heavenly!Tongue

It would be like Christmas.....kind of.
24 January 2012, 14:45,
(24 January 2012, 14:28)Scythe13 Wrote:
(24 January 2012, 14:25)bigpaul Wrote: well its "good" from a survivors point of view, if everyone else is dead or missing presumed dead, then that leaves all that lovely looting stuff for yours truly, which is my definition of heavenly!Tongue

It would be like Christmas.....kind of.

yep, bit like a kid in a sweet shop, i know there are some on this site that say this will never happen/its wishful thinking, but my answer to that is-we dont know what will happen in a TEOTWAWKI life changing event so all bets are off/ anything could happen, and for me to be the last one left alive in a large area would be a "good" outcome for me.Big Grin