Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Life after TSHTF
24 January 2012, 14:49,
RE: Life after TSHTF
We buy car insurance in case of, we buy house insurance in case of and we get medical insurance in case of. We buy home medical kits in case of, we lock our doors in case of and we take our jackets out in case of.... This is simply something else we are preparing for.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
24 January 2012, 15:27,
i was brought up as an "only" child and have always considered myself to be a "loner" so being alone has no fears for me only possibilities, i have spent over a third of my adult life on my own( despite being married 3 times or maybe because ofTongue), that tends to make someone stronger and self reliant, so a life without other people in it would hold no qualms for someone like me.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 January 2012, 16:36,
Getting back on subject.

Life would be much the same as it is now.....kind of.

We would still be working 9-5. We would still be living in groups (unless you're BP). We would still need the same things. The only differences would be transport, security, sanitation, and what our jobs are 9-5.

We would be working 9-5 to grow food, catch food, run away from food that escaped the zoo. Working to stay warm, gather logs, cut trees, process the wood, and many many other things.

The reason I say 9-5 is because that is the recognised work hours we currently have. In reality, we should be able to work about that number of hours, providing you are in a large enough social group, and everyone keeps to their roles.
24 January 2012, 16:43,
not so much 9-5 Scythe, more like from dawn to dusk, i nearly said from sunrise to sunset but you'r not always going to have sunny days! you will have to do MOST of your work in daylight so you can see what you are doing. apart from hunting which will be mainly pre dawn or post dusk.time will not matter much, the job will take as long as it takes, how long will not matter-its not like you will be punching a time clock or filling in a time sheet!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.