Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catapult
23 January 2012, 15:26,
Catapult
I have just purchased a new Barnett Black Widow folding sling shot. Boy, is it awesome! Very powerful indeed! Of course I would never shoot anything living with it Wink but it is great fun and, I say again, POWERFUL!!! (Especially with steel shot).
Joe.
24 January 2012, 19:50,
RE: Catapult
Super bit of kit. Useful & compact. Needs practice and poss a spare set of latex rubbers long term. Could use strips of innertube at a pinch. Ammo is legal too. lol.
24 January 2012, 20:31,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6LxKfpAP...r_embedded
26 January 2012, 09:46,
That's a great vid. Many thanks, Prepgirl.
Joe.
26 January 2012, 10:56,
I had a black widow when I was a kid. Then I got the Marksman 3. Twice the size of the black widow, that thing was mental. I put a ball bearing through our garage door with it. Bit unweildly though, and i don't think it was quite as accurate (or that could just have been me!)

There's some way to mod them to fire bolts.
http://www.combowslingguy.com/Com_Bow_Sl...00x610.jpg
10 August 2012, 16:49,
Was just looking for threads on catapults. Anyone here use one for hunting bunnies or vermin control ? I've been thinking of getting one and was looking for recommendations from someone who has taken the odd bunny or pigeon for advice as to a decent one.

They seem a very cheap and easily carried tool.
You have the right to hold any beliefs you want. You do not have the right to have those beliefs automatically respected
10 August 2012, 16:54,
(10 August 2012, 16:49)IB1 Wrote: Was just looking for threads on catapults. Anyone here use one for hunting bunnies or vermin control ? I've been thinking of getting one and was looking for recommendations from someone who has taken the odd bunny or pigeon for advice as to a decent one.

They seem a very cheap and easily carried tool.

not got much experience myself but ive been toying with the idea myself, have a look at this article, very informative, hope you find it useful mate

http://www.dryadbushcraft.co.uk/bushcraf...-tool.html
10 August 2012, 17:03, (This post was last modified: 10 August 2012, 17:04 by IB1.)
Thanks for the link, I read something similar on another bushcraft site earlier today after googling "hunting catapults" but when i followed the link to the bloke that made the ones they were talking about his site had closed down.

Just looked on ebay and found 2000 8mm balls for £15 delivered, sounds like a very good deal to me

The more I think about them the more sense they seem to make, low tech, good for small game, and unlimited ammo if you live near a pebble beach, and small enough to keep in your pocket
And more powerful than a standard Air Rifle
You have the right to hold any beliefs you want. You do not have the right to have those beliefs automatically respected
10 August 2012, 18:09,
When we lived in teesside there was a guy employed on the local market gardens to kill vermin Rabbits rats, pigeon crows etc, but because of idiot wusst townies moving in they campaigned and whinged until he could not use his .410 shotgun, then his air rifle, then stickly traps and snares, so he bought a Barnett Black Window and a bag of marbles. He crucified the vermin population with his glass orbs.

10 August 2012, 23:12,
personally i think that a slingshot is a brilliant alternative to rifles and bows etc.
they are compact, powerful, no fussy with ammunition...any rock will do after all, are easy to repair and such like, are easy to make, any stretchy material will do, and they are very accurate with enough practise, honestly i cannot see any downside to including one in your GHB or BOB...personally im planning on buying a few, small size, powerful, accurate and all sorts of other advantages!