Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTSHTF Bristol
25 January 2012, 09:53,
WTSHTF Bristol
Okay, this is for everyone in and around the Bristol Area.

The internet just had another flutter and it got me thinking, what would I do if something happened before the Bristol Pub Meet.

So here are my plans:

When TSHTF, I will be in Backwell stabilising my girlfriend and family. After that I will walk down to the A370, and wait in the layby on the left hand side, as if you are heading towards Bristol. I will be there everyday from 3-4pm. If you are not safe where you are, come to there. If you are early, or late, there are fields behind the layby, set up camp and I'll be back the next day.

This will be my route for 2 weeks after 'the collapse' if it happens before the Bristol Pub Meet.
25 January 2012, 10:15,
RE: WTSHTF Bristol
Nice concept, and a good method of letting the other preppers in the area know where to meet you, BUT You are saying youu are going to walk the same route to the same place every day right after TSHTF?. I would suggest a dead letter drop at the location would be a better bet, much saferas well and the last thing you should be doing is following the same route every day , Just a thought?

25 January 2012, 11:20,
That's a good answer.

I'd walk a different route, but still go there.

The reason would be more than just check if anyone is there. I would also use that to check out the area. I'd be seeing who was about and whether there was a sheeple exodus coming our way.

Think of it as recon, and even more, plus picking up more people along the way.
25 January 2012, 11:52,
If its a recon as well as an RZ you NEVER use the same route twice in a row, if its a recon on its own you never use the same route twice in a row AND you never go at the same time. Remember if you can lay up and observe a given location at a given time, then so can someone else. Its much harder to do regular reccies than RZ's.Smile