Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EU Army???
15 November 2018, 22:07,
RE: EU Army???
Yes NATO. In the UK we have always believed in a strong NATO and have never wanted anything to do with a european army.

But when Trump talks about walking away unless other countries pay more to NATO it encourages France and Germany to start on about a european army again.
16 November 2018, 11:07,
(15 November 2018, 20:51)Mortblanc Wrote: That is why we have NATO.

The EU only needs an army if they are concerned with policing their own membership.

And if they had an army it would be on the coast waiting for orders to invade GB at this very moment.

And Italy, Greece, Spain, and Italy would already be occupied and under military dictatorship for not keeping up with their loan payments to German banks after the last engineered recession of a couple of years back.

MB, you've just put words to my exact thoughts and fears for a number of years now. An EU army would be a pretext, in reality it would be used to put down resistance to the tyranny in any member state by the use of centralised military force.
16 November 2018, 12:23,
(16 November 2018, 11:07)LAC Wrote: MB, you've just put words to my exact thoughts and fears for a number of years now. An EU army would be a pretext, in reality it would be used to put down resistance to the tyranny in any member state by the use of centralised military force.
exactly, the EU is run as we all know by Germany, when Frau Merkel says "jump" the other 26 countries reply "how high", Germany is now running Europe something GB and other countries fought 2 world wars to prevent.
the EU is one big bully, many of its recent actions have shown this to be true.
the 4th Reich is only a matter of time, it may not start out that way but that is how it will end up, history will be repeated.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 November 2018, 14:40,
The 4th Reich was set up during WW2 not with bullets and bombs or anything military Germany took over Europe without one shot being fired , with the help of the euro trading block of countries helped out by the Marshall Plan and here We are ,being dictated too by those who lost the war,fat Angie and small French dick have amnesia ..or do they? The freedoms they have been enjoying for the last 70 odd years and fought and paid for by us , so it's only right and fitting they pay us back at the same rate they ask of us......that's one billion a year ....umm.....70 billion would be most acceptable .

This is quite simple we voted out! .... Not a little bit out or half in half out ! So why? Are we fucking about ? The reasons for prolonging this mess ...(which is what was planned) in the hope we the people would except what ever deal was offered us and sold as the best we could get ! ....my way is better and cheaper NOT ONE PENNY handed over and we will leave January 1st 2019 with no deal FUCK EM !
16 November 2018, 14:51,
SS if you or I were running things we would be out of the EU the day after the vote, we aren't because the politicians are running things and they have alterior motives, I mean why is TM handling Brexit -a remainer? it should have been a leave politician all along.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 November 2018, 14:59,
Don’t think it will happen,the language Barrier Would be a bloody night mare
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
16 November 2018, 16:30,
No not really Barney...English language is accepted everywhere and seen as a benchmark in communications closely followed by the Welsh language ....the only reason English came first was because of spit spray .....sad but true .
16 November 2018, 16:42,
(15 November 2018, 22:07)Pete Grey Wrote: Yes NATO. In the UK we have always believed in a strong NATO and have never wanted anything to do with a european army.

But when Trump talks about walking away unless other countries pay more to NATO it encourages France and Germany to start on about a european army again.

You are paying far too much attention to the media and their interpretation of Trump's words. I am sure that every picture of him being one with his mouth wide open does not help the situation. The British press uses that as one of their favorite degrading tactics.

Trump does not want other countries to pay more, he just wants them to pay what they agreed to pay! GB is the only nation that comes near their agreed "fees and dues" to NATO.

Which is the other reason this EU army concept is a pipe dream. You can not run a defense system on the paltry percentage of GNP the European nations allocate for defense and have adequate forces or equipment.

BTW, back in 1973 I had a special training session on integrated armor/infantry tactics. The bulk of the course was taught by NATO instructors with the maneuver section taught by a Brit and the "tank ambush" section taught by a German.

It was one of them most depressing educational experiences of my life, being a crash course in high speed retreat with a "take out as many as you can before they kill you because you are all going to die" philosophy.
16 November 2018, 19:14,
I think the most important thing when dealing with any aspect of the EU is a bloody good sense of humour. I can assure you (and having lived in France and being married to an ex-military man who has experience of dealing with the various military forces in some of the EU countries) that the idea of an "EU Army" has got to be one of the most hilarious thoughts of this century. For a start, none of them like each other; they all do things in different ways; the language barrier IS a problem, and they all have various ego problems. It has all the potential to be a disaster in the making. Best of who, I doubt if they could agree on who gets to be leader.
Super fun and very entertaining watching.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
16 November 2018, 23:12,
MaryN,

The language barrier will disappear when mainland Europe becomes the new caliphate and adopts Arabic as its official language.
All the better reason for Britain to maintain its nuclear weapons.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA