Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blood sugar monitors
1 December 2018, 22:16,
RE: Blood sugar monitors
Improper storage of test strips or their exposure to high humidity impairs their accuracy. Every time I open a new canister of test strips I do a calibration check using two test solutions to ensure the strips are correct at both the top and bottom of their range. I check fasting blood glucose in the morning after I have been up for a little while, having showered, shaved and dressed. I check then BP about 30 minutes after breakfast. I check BG and BP again in the late afternoon, about an hour before dinner or any adult beverage, being several hours after lunch and usually 30-45 minutes after yard work or exercise.

I can observe a significant difference if I don't get at least 30 minutes of moderate exercise daily, brisk walking, just enough to break a light sweat is best, my daily circuit around the neighborhood is about 4km with some uphill. If outdoor weather is above 30 degs. C and humid or below 0 degs. C and windy, I will opt for the exercise bike and weight machine indoors.

With my current exercise, diet and medication regime my lipid panel, A1C and BP are all at goal. I am 70.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA

Messages In This Thread
Blood sugar monitors - by Mortblanc - 1 December 2018, 19:12
RE: Blood sugar monitors - by Pete Grey - 1 December 2018, 20:15
RE: Blood sugar monitors - by Pete Grey - 1 December 2018, 20:28
RE: Blood sugar monitors - by CharlesHarris - 1 December 2018, 22:16
RE: Blood sugar monitors - by Straight Shooter - 2 December 2018, 00:24