Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PGs camper van
11 November 2021, 21:03,
RE: PGs camper van
The camper has just been MOT’d, no problem it sailed through, the mechanic has done most of the things I would have had to do as the pre winter checks.

As I can’t see us using it soon, the vehicle battery is on a charger/maintainer and there is a dehumidifier inside, and the usual (emergency) months food and supplies, and of course a full tank.

With keeping the fuel tank full there is very little room for condensation to form and the fuel stays fresher. The wheels are chocked and clamped, no handbrake incase the rear brakes seize up.
12 November 2021, 07:41,
Changing all the tyres on the truck today......I’ve done all the other stuff ......she’s ready for winter ! The fuel tank is always full ....I never allow the gauge to drop below three quarters ....ever .
12 November 2021, 15:32,
MOT and service due end of the month, must remember to book my slot at the local garage.
tracking checked every 4 months, tyres checked at the same time.
I never let my fuel tank go below half full, topping up once a fortnight at the moment.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 December 2021, 17:37,
(11 November 2021, 21:03)Pete Grey Wrote: The camper has just been MOT’d, no problem it sailed through, the mechanic has done most of the things I would have had to do as the pre winter checks.

As I can’t see us using it soon, the vehicle battery is on a charger/maintainer and there is a dehumidifier inside, and the usual (emergency) months food and supplies, and of course a full tank.

With keeping the fuel tank full there is very little room for condensation to form and the fuel stays fresher. The wheels are chocked and clamped, no handbrake incase the rear brakes seize up.

Hi Pete, I simply disconnect the battery neg terminal. The self discharge is very slow and the engine starts reliably after 3 month lay ups. That's the max time I leave it in situ so as to avoid flat spotting the tyres.

This year, I've invested in a 6m x 3m camo tarp that's rigged on suspended cross beams. This does a great job of keeping debris from the hay loft above which has historically rained onto the car when its standing, blocking rain drains and generally necessitating a full clean before it can be used. The camo does of good job of hiding the vehicle from prying eyes too.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

21 December 2021, 21:52,
(21 December 2021, 17:37)Lightspeed Wrote:
(11 November 2021, 21:03)Pete Grey Wrote: The camper has just been MOT’d, no problem it sailed through, the mechanic has done most of the things I would have had to do as the pre winter checks.

Hi Pete, I simply disconnect the battery neg terminal. The self discharge is very slow and the engine starts reliably after 3 month lay ups. That's the max time I leave it in situ so as to avoid flat spotting the tyres.

This year, I've invested in a 6m x 3m camo tarp that's rigged on suspended cross beams. This does a great job of keeping debris from the hay loft above which has historically rained onto the car when its standing, blocking rain drains and generally necessitating a full clean before it can be used. The camo does of good job of hiding the vehicle from prying eyes too.

LS the camper is fitted with a battery isolation switch as part of vehicle security, maintainer is to keep battery at its peak. When I start up the vehicle, once a fortnight, I run it up and down a few feet a couple of times, it eases the tyres, checks the brakes, and runs a little fuel through.

For hiding the camper I bought several 5m x 4m dark green tarps from LIDL when they were on offer at £7.99, but a larger camo one would be better.
17 March 2022, 21:37,
The camper is all ready for holidays, all checks and preps done, with the increase in price of fuel I’m glad the tank is kept full and we’ve got a couple of jerrycans full, just incase.
21 July 2022, 20:49,
We’ve been off a few times now, only problem so far was the gas regulator packed up ?, don’t knock how or why. We always carry a spare, and some hose. Gas bottles now refilled and a new regulator. Solar panel works well and is up to the job.
21 July 2022, 23:41,
(21 July 2022, 20:49)Pete Grey Wrote: We’ve been off a few times now, only problem so far was the gas regulator packed up ?, don’t knock how or why. We always carry a spare, and some hose. Gas bottles now refilled and a new regulator. Solar panel works well and is up to the job.

.....................don’t KNOW how or why.
22 July 2022, 02:18,
We sort of assumed that Pete. Hope you are having some fun!

Outside under a shade tree sitting by the camper is where to be in this heat.
24 July 2022, 20:28,
Yes MB we have been sitting in the shade (with nice cool drinks) chatting to some good friends.