Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GPS Jamming?
16 July 2019, 01:20,
GPS Jamming?
I don't know how reliable this source is, just seen it and thought it might stimulate a conversation. Any thoughts?

https://youtu.be/SeYu3MX3ADA
16 July 2019, 10:40,
RE: GPS Jamming?
When the Russians neutralized that US ship , or reported to have done so I should say ….that rang some alarm bells the Russian fighters did what they wanted , the US war ship could not respond to counter the threat presented ? or a bluff by the yanks to make out they were powerless by this tech the Russians appear to have...……...there again the US can take over aircraft by remote control and force them to go swimming ? who knows ! As the guy points out ! get yourselves maps of where you are and where you intend to go, ordinance survey maps are more detailed , and are more relevant to preppers / survivalists , in previous threads and posts NR gave some really good pointers on how to mark up (points of interest) on his maps …….water and food sources, farms , fuel supplies , BO alternative routes ….in fact any bloody thing for him to prevail .
To take a look back in times past, its easy to see future direction you need to be.
16 July 2019, 20:19,
SS, yes he did post some good stuff, your reminder has prompted me to read through some of it again and from the files section.
I think the crux of the Iran situation is tptb want complete control of that region and Iran, Syria, and Russian allies are in the way. One way or another there will likely be conflict. I only hope that it will be limited if there is.
16 July 2019, 20:27,
As i posted at the time, at the November 2018 Scandanavian Nato exercise “Trident Juncture” GPS was jammed, as was radar, by Russia.

Civil and Military ships and planes were affected, interference seems par for the course these days when a major exercise takes place.

At the time the Kremlin said they were supplying the Assad regime with “advanced jamming technology, capable of disrupting airborne radar, aircraft communication and satellite navigation used by fighters and drones”. It doesn’t seem to have done Assad any good so i don’t think we need to worry to much.

Obviously the military are aware of the problems and will be working on countermeasures, and no doubt similar jamming technology.

As preppers, especially with our limited navigation needs, for everyday use GPS is useful but not essential.

As SS said get some Ordnance Survey maps of your area and a good compass, a set of these should already be in every bag and every vehicle, and learn to use them.