Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The car
25 September 2021, 10:44,
RE: The car
Yes it was easy back then Pete , and most all could maintain their cars / vans ....and you had plenty of room to carry out the work with ease .....but no more those days have long gone ! ....it’s all fannys, dicks, and computer chips these days .
25 September 2021, 11:45,
hell, most garage mechanics are unable to diagnose a fault without hooking the vehicle up to a computer unit these days.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 October 2021, 22:15,
I’ve started the winter checks on the car which apart from being our daily runabout is our GHV and reserve BOV, just making sure everything is in good shape.

The usual checks, oil, brake fluid, antifreeze, tyres, wiper blades, winter screen wash and all lights/bulbs, these will now will be checked more often as winter approaches. A pair of grip mats for snow or mud/wet grass are carried just in case.

As well as the GHB with an esbit stove, food for three days and water, from October on we also carry sleeping bags.
30 October 2021, 22:54,
I had to have some cylinder head work done on my Jeep this week, which cost me enough for the down payment on a small house!

One positive being that I got a complete cooling system flush and fresh coolant installed.

I decided to take it to one of the local chains for an oil change and they were out of the specified oil. Imagine that, a supply chain issue!

I am now debating a new set of tyres. Getting down to worrisome on the tread depth, but not unsafe. I just don't like to have sketchy tread on a 4wd rig that might have to negotiate difficult situations. I should probably go ahead with that since the prices will only go up, and drastically, in the next few months.

Gear in the Jeep? I have been accused of prepping to start a small town with what is in that vehicle.

I was watching a video about a high priced survival kit last night and the thought hit me, I don't need a survival kit, I have the Jeep!

Part of that is the camping gear I carry year around. I just switch out the summer sleeping bag for the winter sleeping bag. I do need to check the expiration dates on the food. Last time I did that I discovered that some of the granola bars were older than dirt. I forget about the food in the packers.
31 October 2021, 08:06,
I am booked in for next Wednesday , the truck is in for new discs and pads all round if required ......then I will change all the tyres .......I will keep some of the old tyres .....some are good .....price wise they have gone up 10% in the last two months and will probably go up more I was told ! .....that will complete the maintenance for this year .
31 October 2021, 08:41,
for many years when I had new tyres I kept the old ones, and any others I could get hold of, to grow spuds in.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
31 October 2021, 09:05,
Yes tyres are great for growing spuds and root veg ......I have a lot of those ....only used a few this year because of moving things about and changing layouts .....but full on next year .
23 January 2022, 19:52,
I’m treating the old girl to a new battery and some uprated headlamp bulbs.
24 January 2022, 11:59,
You’r to soft with that girl Pete ! ......spoilt rotten !
24 January 2022, 20:28,
(24 January 2022, 11:59)Straight Shooter Wrote: You’r to soft with that girl Pete ! ......spoilt rotten !

It’s her 21st birthday in september so why not Smile .