Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The car
29 January 2022, 23:24,
RE: The car
The old girl is doing well, but every mot time with the cost of the test and any bits and pieces needed it costs around the £200 mark, 4 quid a week ?, cheap motoring, I can live with that.
19 March 2022, 20:39,
One thing i’ve neglected in our car preps is the ability to charge phones (and ipads etc) direct from the vehicle or any other 12volt battery, or from the cigarette lighter socket. It sounds trivial but communications are essential especially after an event, so leads and usb adapter are on order.
20 March 2022, 09:35,
I have a wind up thingy that can charge a mobile phone in an emergency, of course if we cant charge our phones normally then you know the balloon has gone up and probably the mobile towers are down anyway.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
20 March 2022, 09:47,
I have all that covered ....as previous posts have indicated including being on the move in my BOV .....as Pete said ...you must have communication abilities , be it mobiles,radio , ham radio, or CB radio .....all useless without batteries or power .....bugging in or bugging out .
20 March 2022, 11:03,
I never could understand who we were supposed to be communicating with, especially post TEOTWAWKI.
listening maybe yes, but communicating no.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
20 March 2022, 16:29,
You are quite correct BP you are not understanding comunications that well .....just imaigine not coming on here for a week .....you would be hanging from a branch in the woods lol .
20 March 2022, 16:38,
not me mate, I'm at home in the woods, not so in town among people though!
20 March 2022, 23:07,
(20 March 2022, 11:03)bigpaul Wrote: I never could understand who we were supposed to be communicating with, especially post TEOTWAWKI.
listening maybe yes, but communicating no.

Who said anything about TEOTWAWKI ?. Events are large and small.

What if the car breaks down with the OH in it and her phone is dead ?.

What if i’m out and i want to tell her “back in twenty minutes you can start cooking dinner” ?.

What if a storm has caused a mains blackout and you need to order a takeaway ?.

There are many simple reasons you may need to charge your phone.
21 March 2022, 10:05,
our cars are regularly serviced and checked they dont let us down, we do not leave the house with a dead phone.
if I want to ring the wife when I'm out I phone the land line. meal times are a set time in our house 7am/12noon/4pm.
if the mains our down we have other ways of cooking . its called being prepared and yes I was a Boy Scout.
21 March 2022, 12:11,
(21 March 2022, 10:05)bigpaul Wrote: our cars are regularly serviced and checked they dont let us down, we do not leave the house with a dead phone.
if I want to ring the wife when I'm out I phone the land line. meal times are a set time in our house 7am/12noon/4pm.
if the mains our down we have other ways of cooking . its called being prepared and yes I was a Boy Scout.

Life is short and shit happens, we try to prepare for every eventuality, phones do go dead unexpectedly, technology is fallible.