Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Urban Raiders
27 January 2012, 22:29,
Urban Raiders
There was a potential incident today at the Tartar HomeAngry
A Chav scumbag looked over my fence and checked out my garden. I've got a seven foot fence so he used his bike to step up on. He could'nt see me so i remained still watching him. I had to make a pretty quick decision what to do!
If I continued to watch him, would he think the property was easy game, and take the chance by jumping over my fence. In that position I would have to confront him and assume he intended me and my family harm and act accordingly. I did not want the hassle of having a situation where the police were involved.
i went outside and confronted him while he was looking over the fence, I put on an aggresive front asking him what the FCuk he was doing, and the cheeky cnut said "I was just wondering if you had any scrap metal you did'nt want. I once more told him to get the FCUK away from my property and he left.
This is the only incident of anything like this ever to happen to me where i live, and has brought home to me how quickly a situation has the potential to go badly wrong. If wanting to avoid confrontation I had let the scumbag get into my property, what if he was armed!! when I confronted him.
What worries me even more is the fact that metal scavengers think it is obviously worth the risk of invading peoples properties for potential scrap, if the economy takes a nosedive with oil shortages leading to everyday items being expensive, how many more speculative raiders would there be!!
I'm chilling out now with a nice tall Absinth, but fkin angry for the potential OPSEC
27 January 2012, 23:20,
RE: Urban Raiders
Tartar, I had an identical situation last year. My fence is a bit lower at five foot. All I did was simply walk straight upto him, grabbed his collar and nutted him. He fell over and started crying then pissed off and got some old biddy (his mam) She arrived and was carrying on,threatening the Babylon (police), I mean this guy was in his 20's, so I told her that I'd just caught him pinching my sons bike and I was going to call the police and have him done for attempted thieft and damage to private property. She hit him then and they both flicked off.

I've spent a lot of years around tinkers/pikeys/travellers/gipsys, they respect an honest answer.

I suppose it pays to be aggressively vigilant.
You have to get up early to catch a fox.
28 January 2012, 00:28,
You delt with that well Tartar. I would have probably done similar in your situation. If he was armed.....why weren't you? You should have walked out there with a machete or something. A machete is a perfectly good gardening item. I always laugh at the thought of someone trying to break into this home. I have air rifles, loads of bladed knives, and the girlfriends dad has a few shotguns in storage as well. Walking out there and showing force the way you did is a HUGE deterent. If you walked out and said "Can I help you?" the guy will think you're a pussy. If you walked out there ready to roll, with a hefting metal weapon, he is going to tell everyone to stay the **** away from your house. Well delt with mate.

If someone is going to get up at me, especially in this home, I don't have a problem meeting him half way with twice the aggression he has. I have 2 year in the cage, and 4 years training. Oddly enough, not many people will step back up if you step it up higher than they are ready for.

It comes down to one simple fact, force respects greater force.
28 January 2012, 01:08,
You can't trip and fall with a blade Scythe, that's aggravateted, but you can fall and bump your head accidentally into....there's no intent.
GOD gave me arms to use as tools for snicker eating fools.
You have to get up early to catch a fox.
28 January 2012, 12:44,
luckily we dont get this sort of problem where we live, i think most of the people here know to step lightly around meBig Grin but what you could do is plant some nice thorny bushes on the inside of your fence, they wont want to climb over that little lot!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 January 2012, 17:23,
I don't post much ,but here's a little tip.

Never fix carpet grippers to the inside top of your fence,it could really hurt someone who tried to climb over it.
29 January 2012, 10:41,
(28 January 2012, 17:23)g79 Wrote: I don't post much ,but here's a little tip.

Never fix carpet grippers to the inside top of your fence,it could really hurt someone who tried to climb over it.
This is exactly what I've been doing the last day or so, those carpet grippers are real sharpAngry I don't know if the Chav was tooled up or not, I didn't want to have to find that out, that's the reason I didn't give him time to get over my fence. Where I am it's on the outskirt of a medium sized city, pretty close to the sticks. The feral elemant seem to be moving out of the cities to what they consider "easy pickings", If/when the economy takes a nosedive I can only see this sort of thing becoming more prevalent. From my point of view the incident has taught me to re-assess our security, and never to get too comfy or complacent.

29 January 2012, 13:26,
(28 January 2012, 17:23)g79 Wrote: I don't post much ,but here's a little tip.

Yes good wise advice, and also never smear dog muck onto the carpet gripper you did not fix to your fence so you dont give intruders an infection either.

29 January 2012, 15:30,
Dont you have to actually put signs up these days saying "caution barbed wire" if you actually used it. This is to stop poor little Timmy from hurting himself when he was trying to steal the lead off your rood, or nick your Quad. "My poor, poor, innocent angel! he was destined to be a quality sergeon or concert pianist and now his hands are ruined."

I prefer the 80s when you just didnt fuck with someone elses house/garden/fields. That and we could also own guns much more easily.
29 January 2012, 15:38,
(29 January 2012, 15:30)Carnebwen Wrote: I prefer the 80s when you just didnt fuck with someone elses house/garden/fields. That and we could also own guns much more easily.
i prefer the 50s and 60s when we didnt have little scumbags like this, and you knew that if you did anything wrong, as a kid, it would get back to your parents on the neighbourhood grapevine EVEN BEFORE YOU DID! and you'd get a clip around the ear from your dad when you did get home(and rightly so!)- isnt that strange? that we actually had families with a DAD in them in those days!i think we've got more single parent families living near us than any with an adult male in them-which is why you get the problems like that one which started this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.