Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Planet lockdown
13 April 2020, 18:04,
RE: Planet lockdown
OK SS, the neat and dairy industries have been hit hardest by the restaurant and school closings.

Americans eat 1/3 of their meals as take out or in house dining. It is especially hard on the beef industry since much of that restaurant fare is burgers and steaks.

Smithfield primarily produces Hams and smoked and cured pork shoulders for the holiday feast industry. Yesterday was Easter with no crowd at granny's house eating the ham. Of course they are going to close down the plant.

The milk industry supplies millions of gallons of milk to schools and restaurants daily. Both those sources of demand are gone. Kids are basically forced to drink milk at school, no other options with their meal. We are talking about 50,000,000 little cartons daily.

While at home they are drinking fruit juices and sodas.

Milk is being dumped, yes, but that is not the production of an artificial shortage, just reduced demand while the cows have not yet received the memo to back off. In the old diversified farm world the farmer would have fed the milk to the pigs and saved both until the market healed.

China's pig shortage I understand was due to a disease, the American experience is due to temporary lack of market.

You have what seems to be a different situation entirely over here. Perhaps you folks have shut down more than we have. Over here the list of essential businesses is long and large and includes all of our major retail suppliers, warehouse clubs and discount houses because they all sell groceries, DIY items and medications.

We still have 2/3 or more of our work force in operation and people moving around normally with only a slight reduction in traffic volume. Our streets are not empty, parking lots are not deserted.

When we go to stores we are going to big box stores in automobiles, and the parking lots are still filled at the normal volumes. Since people have to go out for work anyway they are not at all concerned about going out for groceries, recreation or visiting family. If your job requires you to be out and about for 8-10 hours a day why should you obsess over a trip to the Walmart?

%90 of our population is not considering themselves under lockdown and consider it an invasion of their privacy to limit their access to stores and eating establishments. 2/3 of the work force has to go on as if nothing is happening and then they can not go get a meal when their work shift is over.

Aren't they afraid? No they are not. It is the flu, they will get it and get over it. That is why it is justified that they still go to work. A few might die, but not them, someone else. Old people, sick people, people that were almost dead anyway. And %99 of them are correct.

We still have product on the shelves, people are still being paid. Unemployment is up, yes, it was expected to go up! If you close down all the restaurants and nonessentials you are going to have unemployment.

17,000,000 unemployed you say? That is actually fewer than was predicted if 1/3 of the work force is hit by the shutdown order. We have 360,000,000 people over here, if only half of them are in the work force then that 17,000,000 figure is only %9 of the work force.

We also have another consideration to deal with, that is the fact that the average American does not deal with government intrusion very well even in dire circumstances. The leaders that worry about what drastic actions to take to prevent the spread of this disease are soon going to be moaning to the voters that they were only doing what had to be done and please forgive them. The ones that did the drastic measures hesitantly and begrudgingly will be the ones that have a leg to stand on at voting time, and Americans do vote.

The ones that went at the public tooth and nail and considered it a personal insult to defy their orders, but had police and enforcement officers out patrolling and enforcing their demands among the germs, will be remembered.

This ain't Italy.

The only way this will become a permanent way of life or get more intrusive is if we elect a nanny-state candidate in the upcoming election to tell us what we need to do for our own good and he/she decides we need to be treated like unruly teens with a curview and penalties for breaking it.
14 April 2020, 15:19,
Thank you! MB .
14 April 2020, 15:55,
The governors of individual states are trying to defy any early end of the shutdown. The population has had enough of the phony closures.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/coronav...ts-economy
15 April 2020, 13:09,
Carrying on, so I have been linking some conspiracy and some factual information, like maybe another reason for covid 19 and possible orwellian program and China's "watchdog program"

So no conspiracy here is a link and quote from who I consider to be one of the elites and so quote:

Billionaire Leon Cooperman, he was talking about the Coronavirus and he said people should give up some of their civil liberties and there should be a mandatory vaccine. The people who’ve been vaccinated should be given a label or a tag on their hand that prove they’ve been vaccinated.

He said people who haven’t been vaccinated, for example, shouldn’t be allowed to go to a stadium or certain places.

He also mentioned a year from today.

unquote.

What could this lead to, not being allowed in a supermarket or hospital next? and so on, looks very similar to the Watchdog program I have been talking about?

Leon Cooperman talking on CNBC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsgfIuhNX-w

Leon G. Cooperman
Born April 25, 1943 (age 76)
New York City, US
Alma mater Hunter College
Columbia Business School
Occupation Investor, hedge fund manager, and philanthropist
Known for Starting Goldman Sachs's asset management arm
Founding and leading Omega Advisors
Net worth US$3.2 billion (July 2018)

Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
15 April 2020, 19:44,
tag=microchip maybe
15 April 2020, 20:24,
Well Oil Beef Hooked
17 April 2020, 18:49, (This post was last modified: 17 April 2020, 18:52 by Skean Dhude.)
Guys, Lets not argue here. What was considered wild conspiracy theories are now supported by facts and you just don't know now in this crazy world.

However, I set up this site to allow people like you with different opinions to share those opinions and for each of you to decide how much they were going to prepare for their future. Pick what you think is going to happen and prepare for that. If you think something is unlikely or 'a conspiracy theory' then ignore it or provide your opinion but don't dismiss it and then argue. For every one of us here there is a million dismissing what you are preparing for.

Lets work together and help each other. If you disagree then say so, give your reasoning and move on.

In addition there are a lot on new lurkers here. I suspect they are people looking for help so lets help them instead of showing them our disagreements.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
17 April 2020, 21:25,
Whilst I agree with you SD , I am afraid that arguments are inevitable it’s how things work....it’s how progress of any given view gains consensus and wins out ....the more the discussion the broader the view the bigger the odds of a solution for many but my not be for all .....so majority wins out , not by bullying or entrenched standpoints of a few it’s clear the agreement of the many is what matters most , right or wrong ? This is a good way ! Of getting stuff done or you could go the other route ....the entrenched view......weapons of mass destruction and make stuff up to force your view /agenda and add weight with a lie .....this also works until the lie is found out......sadly after much destruction,death,and many displaced souls......
18 April 2020, 00:40,
I don't have a problem what people post, but I do have a problem if I can't defend my posts or insults, I mean my first interaction with MB was him accusing me of profiting and being a snake oil salesman lol, and MB then just proceeded to just troll thereafter, as far as I am concerned its no big deal it won't stop me posting, I respect anyone challenging what I post, and I have not said these things I post are 100% I mean it can only be a what if right?, but if he wants to start insults then game on fuck him, if he wants to just attack anything I post then counter argue the subject instead of trolling me, prove it wrong would be a win win for all of us, if he wants to be respectful then fine I am up for that.

This is worth a watch, if true some slippery stuff going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le_rfTdayLs

Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
18 April 2020, 01:29,
That's true SD. The thing that got me into prepping was the 2011 riots. I remember thinking to myself, how long is this going to go on for? Do I have enough food? When will law and order be restored? The streets stank of fire, and the tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife.

So, my advice to any aspiring preppers lurking on this forum is 'think ahead' in as much as that is possible given your situation. Don't be a sheeple, do the things that people are doing now weeks beforehand and plan accordingly. Do you really need 200 rolls of loo roll if you don't actually have that much food to wipe off in the first place? That is sheeple herd mentality and mass hysteria. When people were busy buying up all the loo rolls, preppers should just laugh and be buying up the things that may be needed a few weeks or months from that time (a good stock of loo roll should be kept at all times anyway, and can be accumulated gradually), like cough medicine and painkillers if you're unfortunate enough to get sick, as the shelves were still full of these when the sheeple were at the loo roll mass hysteria stage. Alcohol hand sanitiser and N95/99/100 masks should have been bought as soon as the news came in from China in January/February (if you didn't already have them), along with an increase of food supplies to avoid the panic buying mania. Dried foods, tinned foods, and plenty of wet stuff like curry sauces, chilli mixes, condiments, and dried/powdered herbs and spices to spice up bland food. Plenty of vitamins too, a wide range and a good stock of multi vitamins. You can live on just rice alone for a long time as long as you take a multivitamin at least every other day. Boring but you're still alive.

We should think of this pandemic as real world training, and I myself am using it as an opportunity to review my prepping. It's impacted me personally, as unfortunately my father has become a statistic of it, as he sadly passed away over Easter and his death was recorded as Covid-19, although he had been in hospital since December last year following a severe stroke. He was constantly improving and deteriorating with chest infections as a result of the stroke, so whether it was actually Covid-19 that he contracted or just the stroke induced chest infection that finished him off I shall never know, because as the law stands now, all enquiries are suspended, and the NHS are directed to allocate their resources as they see fit.

Ultimately, many urban preppers strive to get out of the city and buy some land to live off, and I am just getting to that stage myself, I started searching last year. That is my primary long term goal from this point onwards. It's difficult for people with jobs and mortgages etc, so do what you can with bought food, even buying one extra tin of food a week will give you 52 spare tins after a year. If you have a garden then grow veg or try and get an allotment to do it if you don't. You don't even need to till the land, you can grow root vegetables in grow bags with soil and compost/fertiliser in them (lazy man's farming).

Do everything methodically and proportionately, label by date and rotate accordingly. Once you have your base stock it's just a matter of topping it up regularly so as not to let it fall much below that base level. Keep your radar open to news and events here and abroad as these can be early warning indicators to increase and/or adapt your preps accordingly to a possible future event. As I say, this pandemic was text book in that regard, and quite forgiving in the sense of it's gradual nature and forewarning. Maybe the sheeple can now see that we're not mad, just prepared, and it wasn't us panic buying the loo roll, that is not prepping, that is panicking!

There is also a wealth of information in the files section as I'm sure we can all attest to.

All the best people,
LAC