Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Lunar eclipse tomorrow.
25 May 2021, 22:55,
The Lunar eclipse tomorrow.
I'm not sure where to stick this ... polite answers only to P O Box blah blah ...

Allegedly, I use this term until I can confirm it, there will be a Lunar eclipse tomorrow. The good news is we can all stick our head out the window and sniff for fake news.

Also I hear that the Moon will be the closest to Earth tomorrow on the 26th and to this I raise a query eyebrow - not quite Ming the Merciless but certainly pointy, quizzical and SHAPED! Are there any folks out there that are as much an old f@rt as me? Did we not call it an August Moon for a reason? Was it not in August that the Moon was lowest on the horizon and closest to us - larger in the sky to our sight?
Look I understand Liberation, ecliptics and various other inter-planetary wobbles ... but with my own eyes I have seen our Moon doing ...erm ... odd stuff. If the dark part of the Moon (the terminator line usually sits around 7 ish) degrees from vertical, then why have i seen the shadow look like a sly grin = horizontal or below 45 degrees?
That said I now live in a so called reality where having beautiful, hairy testicles can render you as much a child-bearing whaman as me. So the jury is out - like out cold, after being spanked with a brick.
Anyway we are not going to paint our bumbum purple and frolic in said Moonlight , eclipsed or not ... (if you do that may I recommend a colour coded tune that will not clash with your bumbums, perhaps ...'Start Wearing Purple' by Gogol Bordello to fuel your vigorous endeavours ... Ах допомогти )
Where was I?
Moon closest to Earth - but not in August. Okay?
Did I mention it will be red, blood red? Oh and an eclipse.. you got that from the intro, right?
Anyway, irrelevant.
The exciting bit is the plasma density which is about to hit Earth. The Sun let rip with about 10 / 11 C-class flares 20 or so hours ago and the telemeters show an increase in kilometres/per second speed and other instruments show an increase in solar density suggesting: best practice - brace for higher wind speed than is seasonal, rain is likely in usually calm regions, in hurricane corridors then batten down for some heavy tropical weather, folks.
If permitted I will happily share all links and how to read the data. I need permission from mods first and this won't be one post as it is pretty complex.
I hope you have a great evening and wish you all the best.
26 May 2021, 14:15,
RE: The Lunar eclipse tomorrow.
I thought the eclipse was only in the southern hemisphere? I have heard Australia mentioned in relation to it.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 May 2021, 17:08,
(26 May 2021, 14:15)bigpaul Wrote: I thought the eclipse was only in the southern hemisphere? I have heard Australia mentioned in relation to it.

The visibility of it is not too much to think of - it is the effect it might have on the planet when coupled with the seismic and volcanic activity that we may need to monitor.
30 May 2021, 09:33,
I saw the last Eclipse on Dartmoor.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.