throwing knifes
28 January 2012, 20:55,
throwing knifes
http://www.darkbladeuk.co.uk/WEAPONS/Thr...1-101-104/

Throwing knifes and scabbards.
28 January 2012, 21:38,
RE: throwing knifes
Those are LARP weapons!!!

ie. theatrical latex bladed props, with no real structural integrity, design or physics positive characteristics.
28 January 2012, 22:19,
I was thinking about the carrying methods.
28 January 2012, 22:38,
The historical theory went, that is you are going to carry a knife for combat, carry a big one. From my studies, throwing knives get a lot more credence than they warrant from real use. They look good in the movies and from the legends of ninja. If you are going to learn the specialized art of throwing knives and use them for real, then you had better be real good and trust that lady luck is not frowning on you at the time. I would be interested in learning the technique, but it is low on the list. Axe throwing is more my style, although I would not waste carrying capacity with one of my throwing axe's if in a survival situation.
I would be happy to have an axe throwing / knife throwing session at some future meet if you or anyone else is up for it. Regards, TL.
28 January 2012, 23:14, (This post was last modified: 28 January 2012, 23:15 by uks.)
Of course one perfects there chosen method. I felt full of confidence when i went on dessert storm. I can say that what i choose to use will be used to the maximum this is from actual combat experience and playing at.
(28 January 2012, 23:14)uks Wrote: Of course one perfects there chosen method. I felt full of confidence when i went on dessert storm. I can say that what i choose to use will be used to the maximum this is from actual combat experience and not playing at.

28 January 2012, 23:22,
Throwing knives looks good and impresses when done but it takes a lot of practise and a fast moving target it difficult to get right. There is a reason knive throwing acts have targets that are a fixed distance away. I've got several good quality throwing knives and tried for years with limited success.

Fun but not for serious work imo.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
29 January 2012, 01:47,
I did Panandata knife throwing with a friend at uni. We went once a week and trained together most weekends. Only did it for a year. I would be comfortable hitting someone running towards me. But I know the strike wouldn't kill them outright. I would follow up and thrown knife with another one, and then a nice held stabbey one as well.

Most good quality throwing knives are pretty heavy. If you are using if for combat, you'd want a really heavy knife. If the blade doesn't stick in, it's still going to do some damage. The smaller ones you can get are just for show really. It took me 2 months to figure this out. I argued loads with the instructor. But guess who was wrong......me.

I think the Spetznas are the only special forcer in the world that carry a throwing knife. Most others don't see the purpose of throwing away a useful tool.

A throwing knife isn't a 'kill' weapon. It is the kind of weapon, like a ninja star (shuriken) that was used to damage, not to kill. The only time a ninja used to use a type of shuriken to kill was the long spike weapons, straight through the eye, or if they used poison.
8 April 2012, 14:30,
If your gonna use one, make sure you really can use it, Or.....you have now just given a weapon to someone you have just pissed off.
“Subtle and insubstantial, the expert leaves no trace; divinely mysterious, he is inaudible. Thus he is master of his enemy's fate.” Sun Tzu
8 April 2012, 14:46,
I'd rather keep mine in my hand, doubt my aim would be any good.
8 April 2012, 16:29,
i've had throwing knives in the past and their not any easy weapon to master, i think i'll be better of with my 2 machette's and my WW2 bayonet.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.