Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many people can land support?
7 February 2021, 14:25,
RE: How many people can land support?
(7 February 2021, 14:23)bigpaul Wrote: your no survivalist. all I've seen is bits from BBC "Survivors" and The African Queen, I havent as yet seen one original thought and I dont expect to.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 February 2021, 14:27,
My wargaming name is 'PoorOldSpike', a name that's been striking fear into my enemies for the past 19 years, the natives shriek in terror when they see me coming and scurry indoors squawking "Aiiee! it is he who walks with danger!".

Below- I won this hallowed 6" wargame trophy, it sits on its own small table in my living room, carefully positioned so that it's the first thing guests see when they arrive and i can keep steering the conversation towards it during the course of the evening-

[Image: rd-cup.gif]

Below: more awards-

[Image: fgm-bannerB.png]
7 February 2021, 14:31,
another armchair warrior.
when TSHTF for real you will be found wanting, there are some preppers on here like Tartar Horde who could teach you all you need to know about surviving but only if your willing to listen and learn.
otherwise Covid is only the calm before the storm, worse is still to come.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 February 2021, 14:34,
(7 February 2021, 14:23)bigpaul Wrote: your no survivalist. all I've seen is bits from BBC "Survivors" and The African Queen, I havent as yet seen one original thought and I dont expect to.

What sage words of wisdom can you give us to survive in a post-apoc world grasshopper?

[Image: unexpected300.jpg]
7 February 2021, 14:44,
nothing if you wont listen, its not worth wasting my breath.
plenty of people on this forum who have the knowledge and the skills like SS and others.
7 February 2021, 18:48,
Most members on here grow or rear their own food .....some in big quantities .....most in smaller quantities and some even in containers on a window cill ,which is fine ! .....my point being ....it’s just the natural mindset of a survivalist and in fact most human thing to do in reality , I am not aware of any one member that has achieved total self sufficient status but I could be wrong ? ....but most all try in some shape or form to have some control over even a minimal supply of food ......as MB pointed out to be totally self sufficient is a dream for many who attempt it , and most fail at it , but we should not be put off with any set backs or failures ....just learn from them ! MB mentions he is too old to toll away on his lot ......I doubt that ....he’s not the type to curl up and give in....not a bastard chance! ......a few moons back in a thread on here , we were talking to members who lived in inner city areas .....BP , me and many others were suggesting they hightail it out of there! ASAP .....easy to say ...not that easy in truth especially with a few kids BUT ......we all have choices....in my case I knew what I wanted and the why I wanted it detached house with land ....to do what I am doing NOW ....these shoulders have held up in bad times and in the good .....thing is it’s no good making excuses for why you can’t grow something or keep some chickens and so on ......you must find ways to get where you want to be and MAKE it happen ,if you want it bad enough you can force it to come to pass .......rent allotments or share with another person ....keep your ear to the ground for any old chaps thinking of giving up their plot or looking like MB ........that’s why I walk shoulders back and look real menacing why a young guy walks on by ......so Mick what are you growing pal .
7 February 2021, 19:11,
Well said, SS. Personally I think survival is a human instinct that becomes very well developed in some people. I had a eureka moment myself and decided I need to get my family on track to look out for ourselves. It is not the easy path by any means. Gardening by pottering around nipping off rose heads is fun, but is nothing like the efforts needed to actually grow enough food to provide a standard of "eating". Add livestock to that equation and you are looking at a minimum of 14-16 hours a day in very busy times. Most people who think they could buy a bit of land and it just looks after itself would be in for one hell of a shock. I couldn't think of doing anything else now. I like being able to produce food for the table. We are also great recyclers and have a whole field shelter full of "useful" things, and it is amazing how often we dip into them; not just for our own use but to help out neighbours as well. Deadwood from our hedges and dropped branches are tucked away for burning in winter. It's actually very satisfying.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
8 February 2021, 02:44,
(7 February 2021, 18:48)Straight Shooter Wrote: .....so Mick what are you growing pal .

Nothing, why should I?..Smile
I live in a 3rd floor flat with no garden, and if I had an allotment the starving mobs would soon plunder it for taters and brussle sprouts in a SHTF scenario.
So at the moment I simply toddle down to the grocers twice a week to buy stuff, and my kitchen cupboards have got enough in them to last me for a couple of months, look-

[Image: fridge-nov-2020.jpg]

That'll give me a breathing space if and when the taps run dry and the grocers shelves are empty when an Apocalypse hits us, and I can plan my next move depending what kind of Apoc it is.

[Image: tap.jpg]

One thing's for sure, I won't be staying in the riot-torn cities..Smile

[Image: riots1.jpg]
8 February 2021, 10:30,
tins in a fridge? now thats a waste of space.
a 3rd floor flat with no garden not far from the city centre isnt going to be survivable not in the long run.
but where would someone go and how? running for the hills isnt much of an option, sure any idiot can survive in the summertime but once the winter comes they'll be dropping like flies even in the mild South west of England.
8 February 2021, 12:19,
I am Intrigued Mick ! So when the fridge is empty where you going to toddle off to ? .......um Mick are you sure you’r in the right place ? Not meant to be nasty or throw away remark but this is after all a survival forum....but I love the pictures in your posts though .