Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Food shortages ?
11 February 2021, 16:23,
Food shortages ?
Been reading reports of food shortages for the past couple of years....slowly but surely I am starting to see evidence with my own eyes, the odd stock position shelf here and there .....the pulling forwards of stock to the front (fronting) and nothing much behind .

The latest is the container shortages.....you can’t get them ! To load any produce .....which forces prices upwards and limits the supply .......No it’s not Brexit ! Those big containers we see top side of those giant container ships .....some reports of shiploads just being moth balled out the way ? And all the while CHINA on a spending spree for food ( all types ) from anywhere in the world they can buy it ! And more than they actually need they are now stock pilling and continue to do so ......even after loosing their crops and the pandemic plus culling most of their hogs ......what they are stockpiling far exceeds their needs......WHAT DO THEY KNOW that we apparently do not ? .......something is heading our way ! .......if you can control the growing or movement of food then you can control everyone , anywhere , anytime ........grow something ......even sprouting seeds ( the yield is 700% after just three days ) ........it’s something that could well help you survive .......and buy some heirloom seeds RIGHT NOW ! .........while you still can my babies .
11 February 2021, 17:34,
RE: Food shortages ?
the only shortage around here has been toilet paper, couldnt get our regular type the last couple of months, excelled myself this time and got a 24 pack instead of the normal 9 packs.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
14 February 2021, 13:04,
Only shortage where I am is Common Sense. Teenagers going hysterical over a bug they have lived with for their entire lives.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
14 February 2021, 14:10,
common sense is no longer common.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
14 February 2021, 14:52,
The food situation is partly down to investors leaving the tech sector years ago and moving into food and other essentials. But good spot on China, they have been ring fencing resources for years partly due to their expanding population and goal of world domination.
14 February 2021, 15:03,
there are no food shortages if one is a prepper, Joe.
its the difference between being prepared and having ones head in the sand, aka a Sheeple.
14 February 2021, 15:57,
Yes I can agree with that BP ......but it’s nice to have a heads up before the sheeple come a looking to try and take what you have and kill you in a heartbeat to achieve it
14 February 2021, 21:28,
Good point Paul but Covid was a wake up call for everyone including hard core preppers. Personally I haven't walked into a single shop/supermarket since March 2020 but only because I increased preps early and have been lucky with resupply via online shopping. But I think we have all seen people we regarded as very hard core preppers starting to panic when covid kicked in.
I'm with Straight Shooter on this one, we still haven't fully recovered yet and it's worth keeping supplies increased for the moment. As for China, that's a big concern.
14 February 2021, 21:36,
You mean the nice folks in GB will Kill you to take your stuff?

Well what should one do about that part? A stern look? Perhaps the sharp edge of your tongue?

Would you believe that I am seeing absolutely nothing in the news about food shortages in GB. Plenty on Covid, Vaccines, the splendid job the government is doing and Megan Markles lawsuit, but not a word about empty shelves or no potatoes in the bin.

Not to say it is not a worry, it is just not being talked about, at all.
15 February 2021, 09:18,
Yes you are quite correct MB ! And it’s good that you point this out .........our mainstream media is just as f....d as yours is .