Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zello
18 February 2021, 22:28,
Zello
Has anyone tried the Zello app ?
Zello is an easy to install app that effectively turns your phone into a walkie talkie. It’s very easy to use and you can either contact an individual directly or talk on a group. You also have the option of sending text messages or location information.
I have it my phone and just leave it running in the background, if you set your status to busy you only get a bleep if someone talks or sends a message.
Over in the US it’s very popular for disaster/ storm comms etc.
The good thing is you don’t give your phone number or info to anyone, you just select the user name or group.
Have a look on You Tube, there is some excellent instruction vids.
19 February 2021, 12:22,
RE: Zello
Interesting. I'll have a look at that. I would envisage it has reasonable range as well.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
19 February 2021, 13:07,
Hi Joe,

Yep, I've been using it for years. Its very effective.

Just remember that its pretend radio though, being 100% dependent on functional Mobile phone / internet connection.

I very much hope that no serious disaster / storm prep strategies are reliant on this technology as it will fail at the first hurdle.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

19 February 2021, 20:34,
That's true Lightspeed, it's pretty much a data service on the mobile phone network but it works pretty well for low level event.
I use Zello all the time, I have an old mobile phone sitting in the living room and it's just another comms channel, no Sim required as it's through the WiFi. I can even use it to talk to dogs when I'm out.

Skean you should give it a go, it takes about ten minutes to work out the basics and it's very handy if your out hunting or doing other outdoor sports that need some sort of comms. Plus it takes a few minutes to set up group chats.
25 February 2021, 12:31,
I saw some zello walkie talkies advertised a few days ago. they look exactly like conventional W/Ts Cost around £50. Not for me though.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

5 February 2023, 14:02,
If anyone got round to trying out Zello feel free to add me, user name is Joe zzz .
5 February 2023, 15:24,
I dont do apps, non smart phone.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 August 2023, 21:46, (This post was last modified: 22 August 2023, 12:14 by GrayArtist.)
(5 February 2023, 15:24)bigpaul Wrote: I dont do apps, non smart phone.
How to take phentermine 37.5 for best results?
This is very good to know that this kind of humans still exist.
You have a good point of view I must say this!
22 August 2023, 13:05,
(21 August 2023, 21:46)GrayArtist Wrote:
(5 February 2023, 15:24)bigpaul Wrote: I dont do apps, non smart phone.
How to take phentermine 37.5 for best results?
This is very good to know that this kind of humans still exist.
You have a good point of view I must say this!

what the hecks that got to do with communications??
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.