Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two SDRs for sale
27 May 2021, 15:52,
Two SDRs for sale
Mrs LS has just given me a fab new Icom 7300 shortwave transceiver, so my six month old SDR transceivers will be up for sale end of next month. Both are working brilliantly well and fully functional, but now surplus to requirement.

As these are both proven emergency radios, I thought maybe they'd be of interest to one of you guys before I put them on ebay. Both operate through hand mike, morse code key, or from computer digi-mode ( kind of like your own internet independent of ISPs)

Xiegu G90: As new. Around 30 hrs use. 20w AM FM SSB and CW. Running firmware version 1.75 ( the best one IMHO) Includes an amazingly effective iternal automatic antenna tuner which tunes most lengths of wire that are hooked up to it . Many reviews on Youtube. With a simple antenna this radio gives me reliable contact out to 2500 miles day in and day out. With favourable conditions its capable of worldwide contact.

Price: £ 320 + postage inc. power lead, program cable, multi- function hand mike, upgraded metal tuning knob, and additional aluminum flip-stand / facia protector.

Xiegu G1M: As new. Less than 20 hrs use. rated 5w but measured 5-7w depending on band. Transmits SSB and CW receives AM making it a great shortwave broadcast receiver. See Gilles, Radioprepper on Youtube this is his current favourite emergency transceiver. With a simple antenna this radio gives me reliable contact out to 1000 miles day in and day out. Probably not realistic to expect much more from it. Unlike the G90, this radio either has to use an external antenna tuner, or a tuned antenna as below.

Price £ 150 + postage inc. power lead, program cable, and two hand mikes.

If antennas are needed, I can throw in a 14Mhz EFHW antenna and match box for either radio for an additional£ 25.00

PM me if interested.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

29 May 2021, 12:42,
RE: Two SDRs for sale
L:S, Sounds interesting but I'm all set up here. Ta.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
31 May 2021, 16:43,
RE: Two SDRs for sale
Cheers SD, as I wrote, first offer here then onto e-bay end of next month.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580