Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scraping Social Distancing?
3 May 2021, 19:37,
Scraping Social Distancing?
I just read in the news that Boris is talking about scraping social distancing next month.

Why would they want to do that as long as there is substantial infection possibility?

What is substantial infection possibility? 1,000 cases weekly, 100 cases weekly, 1 case every two days?

After all, this stuff went from 1 case to lockdown in 2 weeks!

They still do not have complete vaccination of the population and even the vaccinated are not 100% immune.

Do they want a third, forth, or fifth wave to test the limits of capability of the vaccine?

Is this a shout of "we're all cured!" so they can send as much vaccine production as possible to India?

Call me crazy, but I have been vaccinated and I still wear the mask and stay clear of people. God only knows what they do have! Have you really looked at those people? They are a mobile viral swamp!

I avoided the virus for a year by isolation, distancing and mask wearing and concentrating on a healthy life style. Each year the regular flu kills millions in my age group. Why would I want to stop my precautions?
3 May 2021, 22:45,
RE: Scraping Social Distancing?
For what it’s worth MB , everything changed when covid 19 was introduced .....it’s a real virus alright man made ! For one purpose only .......for the reasons I have already posted at the start , you ask do they want a forth or fifth wave ? I am afraid it’s much worse than that mate , ......the mistake you make , is to try and make sense of it ,like most people ....myself included , conformity and control requires our acceptance , we are forced to reason the argument put forward via the main media .....papers , television and radio to reinforce the narrative they want us to follow, they can crank it up or crank it down at will until they get what they want , they introduce new laws to strengthen or close any loopholes they desire , the moment they achieve majority compliance it’s game over ( for the likes of us ) .......as for Boris or Biden come to that ....they are nothing puppets , talking heads working someone else’s plan that they think they understand ......the bad news is tshtf will not be long now ! And for those preppers whom have lost faith and run down their preps , scratched their heads and thought what’s the point of it all .....has it been worth the effort they put in......I have more bad news ....you were right all along your guts was correct ! But you f..led up at the final fence .
4 May 2021, 18:57,
I do agree Boris is moving too fast and it will come back to bite him. You also need to factor in the propagation of the virus, for example at the start of the event you had a pool of potential hosts who hadn’t been subjected to Covid and had very little protection from it, however fast forward a year and you now have a pool comprising Vaccinated, Unvaccinated, Naturally immune (due to previous infection) and various combinations. In short the virus is now propagating in a very different environment than it did previously.
Another very serious concern is artificially slowing the spread of a virus, for example if allowed to propagate naturally it would spread through the whole world in apx 6 months killing 2.3% then fade away, however slowing it could effectively make it more dangerous and give rise to a further species jump (already happening in cats) or worse still more deadly mutations.
Additionally you have to factor in the fact that a very large proportion of the worlds population are pretty stupid and will take every opportunity to have another pointless demonstration and in doing so reignite the virus. In fact I doubt I have ever seen as many pointless demos but I suspect it’s the new social gathering.
Lockdown 3, possibly around October.
5 May 2021, 07:54,
I do agree Boris is moving too fast and it will come back to bite him. You also need to factor in the propagation of the virus, for example at the start of the event you had a pool of potential hosts who hadn’t been subjected to Covid and had very little protection from it, however fast forward a year and you now have a pool comprising Vaccinated, Unvaccinated, Naturally immune (due to previous infection) and various combinations. In short the virus is now propagating in a very different environment than it did previously.
Another very serious concern is artificially slowing the spread of a virus, for example if allowed to propagate naturally it would spread through the whole world in apx 6 months killing 2.3% then fade away, however slowing it could effectively make it more dangerous and give rise to a further species jump (already happening in cats) or worse still more deadly mutations.
Additionally you have to factor in the fact that a very large proportion of the worlds population are pretty stupid and will take every opportunity to have another pointless demonstration and in doing so reignite the virus. In fact I doubt I have ever seen as many pointless demos but I suspect it’s the new social gathering.
Lockdown 3, possibly around October.
6 May 2021, 21:17,
Covid is little different from the common Flu. Yet for all my life we never had restrictions.

It was a panic by a bunch of wusses because they were reading the papers and were fueled by experts.

Covid will never be gone as it is now added to the four regular flu strains we get every flu season so we will have another bout although it might be just the ordinary flu nobody will report it as such. It'll be the death sentence Covid.

People will look back at us and laugh.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
16 May 2021, 09:54,
there is only one word for scrapping social distancing and its STUPIDITY, covid hasnt gone away and these new variants like the Indian one may not be affected by any vaccine.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
17 May 2021, 18:30,
BP, That word is 'finally'. You mispelt it.
Skean Dhude
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
18 May 2021, 08:40,
people are acting like its all over, rushing to the pub and jetting off on foreign holidays, they are all fools, this thing isnt over yet, wait until the autumn/fall and infections will be rising again as people let their guard down, thats without the indian variant.
dosent matter to me with my reclusive lifestyle if people start dropping like flies, I will just stay put and watch it happen.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
19 May 2021, 13:27,
BP, It is all falling apart now we have the data from 2020 and people are seeing what a panicking populace will do. It will get worse again but we still have not topped the death toll in 2017. That won't stop our useless politicians closing everything again.
Skean Dhude
19 May 2021, 13:44,
their already talking about tier 4 lock downs in the areas that have the Indian variant.
Lock downs dont bother me, I was a recluse before the pandemic started and the lock downs have made me more so.