Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Never do this.
25 May 2021, 13:35,
Never do this.
The following comment is purely hypothetical and is intended for entertainment and discussion purposes only. I am not advocating that any action should be taken.

I sometimes imagine what it would be like if people had to take to the woods, so to speak, for a prolonged period. There are plenty of species of plant to forage, and hopefully it would be enough to sustain our intrepid adventurers. That said, I also imagine how overjoyed they would be if they happened across a tomato plant or a peach tree or the like while out in the woods. It would only take a careless picnicker to accidently drop an apple pip somewhere and in a few years a tree might appear. Luckily for us nothing bad could ever and we don't have to think about such things.
25 May 2021, 13:45,
RE: Never do this.
depends on the season, in the warm summer months any idiot can survive in the woods but come winter they will all be dropping like flies, and it will be a Stag do, not many modern females would put up with it for long, a 2 week summer holiday on a camp site with clubhouse and shop is one thing but out in the deep woods without a Waitrose or Sainsbury's for miles is something else.
only Sheeple say "nothing bad will ever happen"!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
25 May 2021, 15:31,
(25 May 2021, 13:45)bigpaul Wrote: depends on the season, in the warm summer months any idiot can survive in the woods but come winter they will all be dropping like flies, and it will be a Stag do, not many modern females would put up with it for long, a 2 week summer holiday on a camp site with clubhouse and shop is one thing but out in the deep woods without a Waitrose or Sainsbury's for miles is something else.

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate your thoughts.
I used to post on another 'prepper/survival' type forum. They had a different approach. I provided them with information which might be important in the future (it is stuff connected with physics, maths, space, magnetism and solar activity) I got two thanks and a scolding for not calling the Covid Covid. I was not sure if there was a character limit on my post (it was a long post) and so I called it a shorter word. Later a Moderator gave a veiled threat that they would ban anyone who questions the official Covid narrative.

Naturally I was relieved (sarcasm implied) as the sooner free speech and freedom are abolished, the safer we will all be, right? Wink

I am still very new and do not know how much speech (free or otherwise) is allowed here.
Obviously when I say "nothing bad will ever happen" I say it because I am totally oblivious to the 10 - 11 C-class solar flares inbound for the 26th and am sure the weather will be just peachy. It is not like I monitored 474 earthquakes over a 24 hour period two days ago or anything.
Also all the restrictions are super-dupes. I live in the country and simply hate being allowed out of my home for fresh air. Wink
I'm sure given time I may learn not to be sarcastic (don't hold your breath as I am an engineer), I might also find a place were speech is still free and then I won't tippy-toe about on these eggshells. Until I am sure I won't get binned, please consider my comments in posts like these to be tongue-in cheek.
My best wishes, friend.
25 May 2021, 19:02,
I don't think you will have your knuckles rapped for speaking your mind. You might have folk argue with you, but that is the nature of free speech, n''est-ce pas?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
25 May 2021, 19:47,
Don't get freeked over the earthquakes Ajax, you are picking up residual vibrations from the Icelandic activity on your seismograph. You are using a seismograph, correct? Not just feeling the ground with your bare feet?

They have had 18,000 since the first of the year. The people are still there and no one is leaving, in fact their population has increased with tourists from Europe and GB coming to see the lava flows.

If you are counting dots on a website occurring all over the globe I am surprised there are not more than that!

Yellowstone averages 5 per day but they come in swarms so they may have 500 in one day and none for months. The San Andrius fault in California averages 3 per day with the same distribution. They come in swarms. In Hawaii we have a national park sitting on top of one of the world's most active volcanoes and the ground rocks constantly there. Thousands visit daily.
25 May 2021, 21:06,
The best of times to you and yours, Mortblanc.

I have been checking the global seismograms daily ever since I noticed unexplainable data coming from NASA's Integrated Space Weather Analysis Systems, NOAA, the ENLIL Space Weather prediction System and the many live volcanology live feeds, which are streamed globally.
The 474 global quakes were all around the globe. I watched the needles twitch from Alaska, Montana, Mexico, Brasil, Bermuda, Greece, East coast of Africa, Turkey, India, Myanmar, Korea and Japan, to many regions in China and as far north as many regions in Russia. Many of the global seismograms went offline and read 'no data available' as I watched live.
I am very sad to report that about 4 of the quakes were a M7+, between 5 to 10 were M6+, over 200 were between 4 to 6M, and the rest were over 2M.
I won't even start to mention the 70 ish volcanoes in eruption globally at this moment.
Mary N says I won't get my knuckles rapped and I say thank you for this.
I do not believe in cow F@rtz, human causality or emissions - as an engineer I DO believe in Physics and Maths. I have been monitoring NASA's satellites for a couple of years and they have been showing some very interesting data. I don't know if the Mods allow links? If they do - i can show you all a whole new window and 'teach' you what you're seeing from it. Let's hope I'm allowed to stay.
The very best to you all for now.
25 May 2021, 21:26,
Well you have been here five mins .....and I hope you will stay......the fresh air is intoxicating refreshing and it’s about bloody time ! .
25 May 2021, 22:00,
(25 May 2021, 13:45)bigpaul Wrote: depends on the season, in the warm summer months any idiot can survive in the woods but come winter they will all be dropping like flies, and it will be a Stag do, not many modern females would put up with it for long, a 2 week summer holiday on a camp site with clubhouse and shop is one thing but out in the deep woods without a Waitrose or Sainsbury's for miles is something else.

Very true. I only hope that the stag do has a taste for firm bottocks and nothing more, especially if the Wahmens die off. Offhand i can only think of a few species that breed asexually and Earthing's ain't one. Smile
25 May 2021, 22:05,
(25 May 2021, 21:26)Straight Shooter Wrote: Well you have been here five mins .....and I hope you will stay......the fresh air is intoxicating refreshing and it’s about bloody time ! .

I thank you for your kind words here, Straight Shooter. I hope you have a good evening.
26 May 2021, 13:26,
(25 May 2021, 22:00)Ajax Wrote:

Very true. I only hope that the stag do has a taste for firm bottocks and nothing more, especially if the Wahmens die off. Offhand i can only think of a few species that breed asexually and Earthing's ain't one. Smile

I dont give a damn how they breed and I think we can do without the sexual remarks.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.