Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chernobyl
12 June 2021, 12:03,
Chernobyl
So I have became slightly concerned about Chernobyl again, this ruined plant was pretty much inactive for years but we may have kick started it again. Let me explain, the poor construction of the original casing had so many leaks that the water acted as a moderator to suppress neutron chain reactions. However the new covering is more water tight and hence less leaks, therefore we could see an increase in neutron chain reactions as the water starts to dry up.
To make things more complex the composition of this nuclear material is nothing like it once was as it’s been mixed with concrete, metals and other debris.
12 June 2021, 12:50,
RE: Chernobyl
its been 35 years since the accident, I cant see any problem for us in the west.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 June 2021, 14:14,
It's a different situation now BP, yes I would agree the plant has been pretty stable for decades but this is partly due to the large accumulation of water which as you probably know is a very good moderator. The chemistry is very complex now, it not a case of of some clean nuclear material sitting in a reactor which can be contolled easily by control rods reducing neurton chain reactions, what we have is a material thats not known and is in an uncontrolled state, all it takes is a few neutrons to start bouncing off each other and if this becomes sustained the increased heat could evaporate any remaining water and react further.
For example you could probably hold a new fuel rod in your hand without too much adverse affects but take 50 of those and sit them next to each other for a few hours and the radioactivity will be through the roof.
So at this point it might be worth keeping this on the radar as I doubt even the experts know exactly what can happen.
12 June 2021, 14:21,
https://www.livescience.com/chernobyl-sm...again.html
12 June 2021, 14:39,
its says that any possible explosion would be contained within the newer structure put over the old one.
even if it isnt there isnt a lot, read nothing, we as preppers can do about it, I'm far from being an expert on this subject, and nuclear is the one thing I dont think is survivable if it goes global.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 June 2021, 21:49,
Well here in Wales we had our share of that fall out , many sheep farmers suffered and prevented from selling their stock .....and the japan incident is not done yet by any stretch ....we hear nothing of that one ? Anymore ! .. when it’s bad news they just sweep it under the carpet ....not report on it ....in the hope everyone forgets about it ! ....even worse we seem to except it all , I have become so cynical of tptb .....one of these days they will have to answer to us ....or God .....but make no mistake they will have to answer ...even if only to themselves .
13 June 2021, 09:31,
all we see on the news here is G7 and "sausage wars" at the moment.