Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rats
22 June 2021, 12:11,
RE: Rats
Mary, If it is that or your children starving?
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
22 June 2021, 17:15,
I have no objection to anyone else eating rats if they wish to (good luck with that), but you could not gussy up a rat enough to even tempt me to a nibble. No, sorry, SD, rats are orf!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
23 June 2021, 11:44,
prefer a squirrel myself as opposed to a rat, dont forget rats carry whiels disease(not sure of spelling) and they have no bladder.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
23 June 2021, 13:33,
No, virtually no rats here fingers crossed.

But we've had martins try to take up residence in the loft, but they seem to have been dealt with by our cats.

What we have seen is a big increase in the number of Hare in the fields. There were almost none ten years ago and now they are everywhere.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

23 June 2021, 13:51,
hares are not common in Devon but they were everywhere when we lived in Somerset.
we've got Starlings nesting behind the barge board, not in the roof, they cannot be "evicted" by law during the breeding season.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
23 June 2021, 19:06,
(23 June 2021, 13:51)bigpaul Wrote: hares are not common in Devon but they were everywhere when we lived in Somerset.
we've got Starlings nesting behind the barge board, not in the roof, they cannot be "evicted" by law during the breeding season.

"they cannot be "evicted" by law during the breeding season". No problem for our cats... they are outlaws!
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

23 June 2021, 20:29,
Quote:What we have seen is a big increase in the number of Hare in the fields.

Hares/rabbits are the only thing 'missing' to make our location 10/10..... rabbits were mix'd out some 30 years ago and, as yet, haven't come back. They've been reported some 10 miles north of me but taking their time 'vacationing' to my locale!

Will just have to rely on sheep (we know the next door farmer and already take mutton from him), deer and fresh water fishing....
oh, and of course, chicken!

I don;t think chickens are given the importance they deserve. I read 'One Second After' and noted the number of people starving due to lack of meat and chickens weren't ever mentioned. They can be a food 'crop' with very little effort.
24 June 2021, 08:30,
plenty of small game around here plus loads of deer.
24 June 2021, 12:03,
If it comes to it I have no problem eating rats ! Mmmmmm black pepper , salt and a touch of Tabasco.
24 June 2021, 22:32,
Mary, then I take it you haven't traveled in the Orient, of of you have, you remained in the protective custody of a eound-eyed tour guide, and were deprived of the local delicacies of Asian street food.

The same can be said for rural Mexico and Central America and if you ever ate a taco at the bull fight in any town outside the larger cities...

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA