Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Microhydro Systems
26 June 2021, 08:35,
RE: Microhydro Systems
(24 June 2021, 12:19)Straight Shooter Wrote: I was going to use the stream using a alternator , but not enough continual volume of water although plenty of head , I have since found out .....the highways department have altered the water courses ......it’s now run off from the mountain so not a stable source anymore .....that’s why I’ve gone solar , and put the alternator on a bicycle ......wild child refuses to do no more than two hour stints though .

http://forum.survivaluk.net/images/smilies/smile.gif
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

26 June 2021, 09:21,
(26 June 2021, 07:58)kellys_eye Wrote: I suppose this place (forum) is therefore the domain of people that have already got everything they need, all set up and organised and nothing left to do other than await the 'inevitable' then?

Questions are not 'permitted' and advice is 'given under protest'?

If I wanted a place to come to hear that the established membership only want to 'do down' anyone that hasn't already done everything possible to secure an uncertain future then it seems I've found it.......

Many of my questions I already have answers (and solutions) to. What I see here is a site that has posts that have 'last updated' datelines going back to 2018 and WELL beyond - I was resurrecting posts to bring some - what I thought were valid concerns - back to the attention of what might be a new influx of members (such as myself) that have recently decided that events are turning sour and that, late as it may be, want to make some plans for an uncertain future.

I really should have just used the forum as a reference, taken what I needed from it, not bothered offering any input, feedback or raising awareness in others and pretty much kept my head down and let events take over. Like some of the established members.

Or, like others on here, maybe I should make myself a loin cloth, carve a spear and go live in the Kalahari for the remainder of my life?

Seems like I've found a site of people named 'Jack' who are 'alright' and happy to slag off those who wish to help others regardless of their capabilities and preparedness.

Seems like my input isn't welcome.....

Suits me.

I might drop by in another 5 or 10 years and see if any of the threads I started or contributed to have had any updates in the interim - I suggest they won't have if the rest of the forum is anything to go by.
you asked questions then didnt like the answers you got because they didnt fit in with your philosophy.
you seem to be "preparing" for minor events we have all experienced before, some of them several times over, and come out the other side, but arent prepared to think about the bigger picture, you talk about things getting back to normal but what if they never get back to normal, what then?
prepping isnt about "bottoming out", its about getting to a state of mind where one can survive without input from outside, its called self reliance, where one adapts to the new circumstances and can provide daily requirements for us and ours by our own labours, its not about wearing loin cloths and making spears, if you think it is you havent been listening.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 June 2021, 12:17,
Kellys_eye

You can tell that the people responding to you on here are already prepped up and have decided their strategy.

Asking questions and pointing things out is always useful because even if you get the same answers from the same people you can always filter out those whose philosophy differs from yours. Even so you may get a nugget every now and again.

I built this site to share information and the forum was an afterthought. I, and others, find it useful. The main site though still gets about 50 visitors a day and the file site is downloaded every day. Downloads over a fortnight are the same size as the data. There are hundreds of visitors lurking for every one that posts. I get traffic reports every month. People still sign up to the forum but never use it. They are also lurking but picking up what they want.

That is why I still leave the forum up, why I still post as these people are trying to learn. So, your questions and the answers can be read by others and they can learn from them more than the people on this forum will learn although everyone will benefit from discussion.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin