Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slow Collapse
3 July 2021, 12:24,
Slow Collapse
Saw this video and made me think about some of the recent discussions on here. I know some people don't rate the guy but I think this video is a gem. I've had the same thoughts myself for a while now:

https://youtu.be/33evuJcY1tU
3 July 2021, 13:01,
RE: Slow Collapse
I've thought for a long time along the same lines as that guy.
that SHTF wont be "one big bang" but that it would be a series of smaller events, one event affects something else which in turn affects a third, so on and so forth.
I dont know about multi decades like this guy, although the Roman Empire took a long time to totally collapse so there is something in that way of thinking.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 July 2021, 16:16,
Collapses are rarely events like a cliff edge but a series of minor declines spread over a period of time. This is no different.

The West has been declining for some time and we still have a way to go but we are now too late, imo, to fix it and so it will end in violence. The reason I say that is there are still very vocal minority that think it was OK to take the Presidency because Trump was not doing what they wanted and the rest of us stood by and accepted it. They will stop the changes we need and we will just shrug and accept that.

However, for the first time in our history we have the capability of taking everyone else with us which isn't good.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
8 July 2021, 21:30,
I believe the collapse started with Tony Blair who should have been tried for treason.
9 July 2021, 08:48,
dont know about the collapse but I have to agree with you about Tony B.Liar.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 July 2021, 17:16,
You fellows are not going nearly far enough back.

You have three British subjects to pin this on; Charles Dickens, Karl Marx, and Lloyd George.

Dickens and Marx were the original "social influencers" of the 19th Century. Lloyd George reorganized the politics and tax base of GB to put the inmates in charge of the asylum.

They got the ball rolling and since then it has gathered no moss.
10 July 2021, 08:35,
Dickens was a writer and wrote about the social conditions of the day.
Karl Marx was a communist.
Lloyd George was a liberal, that political party dosent exist anymore.
post collapse I think you need to look further back than the 19th century, certainly somewhere around the start of the 18th before the industrial revolution began.
10 July 2021, 08:52,
No no, further back than that, they should never have restored the monarchy again after the civil war of the 17th century.
10 July 2021, 09:00,
I dont think the monarchy have any bearing on how one lives, not in the modern age.
at least having a monarchy sets us apart from all those "republics" out there and it brings in the tourists.
post collapse monarchy wont matter much to anyone and in any case all the "elites" will be safe in their bunkers, would someone please weld up the doors so none of them escape to mess things up post collapse, oh and blow up the channel tunnel whilst your at it.
10 July 2021, 09:36,
(10 July 2021, 09:00)bigpaul Wrote: I dont think the monarchy have any bearing on how one lives, not in the modern age.
at least having a monarchy sets us apart from all those "republics" out there and it brings in the tourists.
post collapse monarchy wont matter much to anyone and in any case all the "elites" will be safe in their bunkers, would someone please weld up the doors so none of them escape to mess things up post collapse, oh and blow up the channel tunnel whilst your at it.

Nice Saturday morning rant BP Smile