Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mobile Phones
13 September 2021, 23:48,
RE: Mobile Phones
Yet all of you are communicating with people all over the world using a computer. Good God any fool anywhere in the world that can type UK Survival can look on here and see what your opinions have been for the past decade!

And you think nothing of this very site requiring providing an e-mail address to join and post. Anyone that can access your IP address can walk practically right to your door.

Bet you have all gone to Google Earth or Map-quest to get directions. You do realize you can send those from the computer to your phone?

And you were shopping on line during the pandemic to insure your safety and avoid shops. Did you swipe your card when the delivery came or use electronic transfer?

And I bet your retirement funds are automatically posted to your bank accounts and no one is refusing to accept those electronically tainted and easily traced funds!

I see a great deal of "selective concern" over things that do not matter, and a lot of back peddling when it involves money in the pocket.

25 years ago I had no cell phone. I did not know what I was missing! And I had several "incidents" that would have been instantly eliminated if I had owned one.

My best mate and I text each other every morning to insure we actually woke up alive, and do not need medical assistance. We are both widowers and live alone.

I have emergency access in my pocket 24/7. And if you don't really use the phone it will be left on the shelf at home when most needed. You will walk out and forget it.

I text my kids 2-3 times daily. My Grandchildren text me. I keep track of my funds in the bank account with a penny to the minute report of my money. I text when late to meetings and use the phone for navigation constantly. I use it to find routes around clogged traffic.

I have two different GPS navigation apps that cover all of the public access land in the U.S. and the back road routes to get there along with remote forest campsites. That is in addition to the Google maps already on the phone.

I use the calculator function daily, play music and keep track of messages. I use the alarm function constantly and set up alerts for medical appointments months in advance.

I make videos with my phone and have the ability to store 5,000 photographs in my memory bank. It has a better camera than any I own. I can photograph, time stamp and verify crap that can be used as evidence in court if necessary.

I have about twice the computer function on my phone than the Apollo rocket did when it landed on the moon!

I'm not giving that up just because you still own a flip phone and wont spring for a decent smartphone. And I'm not going to feel remorse about it or share the thought that I am not being true to "return to Middle Earth" syndrome.

And with all those picture on all of the phones in the world I am still waiting for one good shot of Big Foot!

In general a person adopts the technology of their friends and family so they can keep up communication. Or they don't and scream that no one loves them anymore because they have not received any "snail mail" lately or missed the group text to show up at the coffee shop for a chat!

Messages In This Thread
Mobile Phones - by Skean Dhude - 12 September 2021, 10:30
RE: Mobile Phones - by bigpaul - 12 September 2021, 10:56
RE: Mobile Phones - by MaryN - 12 September 2021, 18:01
RE: Mobile Phones - by Pete Grey - 12 September 2021, 22:28
RE: Mobile Phones - by Skean Dhude - 12 September 2021, 22:35
RE: Mobile Phones - by Mortblanc - 13 September 2021, 23:48
RE: Mobile Phones - by bigpaul - 14 September 2021, 09:07
RE: Mobile Phones - by MaryN - 14 September 2021, 12:34
RE: Mobile Phones - by bigpaul - 14 September 2021, 12:55
RE: Mobile Phones - by Mortblanc - 14 September 2021, 22:14
RE: Mobile Phones - by MaryN - 15 September 2021, 08:25