Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The peasants are revolting
29 January 2012, 19:47,
The peasants are revolting
Do you think that a UK government would turn its armed forces on its population?. Of course this is Totally Hypothetical
29 January 2012, 19:57, (This post was last modified: 29 January 2012, 20:09 by NorthernRaider.)
RE: The peasants are revolting
(29 January 2012, 19:47)uks Wrote: Do you think that a UK government would turn its armed forces on its population?. Of course this is Totally Hypothetical

Of course it would, it would have no hesitation in using live ammo on any threat to the establishment, all they have to do is declare any group, party, mob, gathering or party as terrorists and its shooting time. They dont even have to read the riot act any more, they are totally covered by the war laws and emergency powers acts. Besides its done it so many times before.
The establishment can and will do what ever it wants and its not bothered about any of the common peasants, examples the ENCLOSURE ACT when the tories grabbed most of the common land in the 1800s and fenced it off for themselves, one of the greatest injustices ever and one that should be repealled. Look at that loser Charley Windsor , he decided he wanted to build a pretty new village called Poundbury, and so he just evicted dozens of residents from already established hamlets and billdozed them. Or that village in Dorset the army " borrowed" for the duration of WW2, they never gave it back. Have you noticed that anyone who physically protests against the queen such as tresspasing in Buck house, they rarely see a court, they just get put away in a nuthouse. Look at MPs suddenly they decide that " Self Defence" alone is not just cause for owning a gun , but not only do they have their own gun club under the HOP, but some of them carry guns for self defence. Any percieved threat to the ruling elite of Politicians from public schools, old boy network army officers, senior cops and judges and bishops etc, bankers, royals etc will not be tolerated.
UKS here is one for you, two parts
(A) What do you think the masses would do if the govt ended up so skint it had to either stop or cut the lavish state welfare system?

(B)What do you think the establishments response would be to the masses response?

29 January 2012, 23:54,
I think the government would turn the military against 'the people'. However, I think that the everyday squady is from a working class background, and would probably look at it as turning against their own, instead of the toffs (officers). I know American soldiers aren't smart enough to think for themselves. But British soldiers (I hope) are smart enough to see injustices, and would disobey those kinds of orders.

The only hesitancy I have about the army being turned on 'the people' is when I look back to the riots. The police were involved, but the army wasn't. However, the Greek army was called in on their riots a few years back.
30 January 2012, 15:37,
of course the peasants ARE revolting! you've only got to have a look around your typical council house estate to see that!!HA!HA! just have a look at WHAT is breeding these days-it will make your hair stand on end!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 January 2012, 16:33,
I think the army will respond at first, they will pick who they send it but I can't see them doing it for long. That goes for the US as well as the UK. There are a lot of people who signed up to defend the people and this will not go down well. Many of them are senior officers and it could very well trigger a coup.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
30 January 2012, 16:45,
(30 January 2012, 16:33)Skean Dhude Wrote: I think the army will respond at first, they will pick who they send it but I can't see them doing it for long. That goes for the US as well as the UK. There are a lot of people who signed up to defend the people and this will not go down well.

In Katrina, the army was called in and they confiscated weapons from people, and then evicted them from their homes. That does against the second amendment, the right to have no sleeves! I mean, to bare arms. Naughty naughty US army.
30 January 2012, 16:53,
Scythe, Fair enough but the main army was in Iraq. They were not shooting them and they were led by the State. Many were unsure of the legality and that is not the case with shooting someone which this was about.
Skean Dhude
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
30 January 2012, 16:56,
That's a fair point Skean Dhude.

I hate the thought of the army turning against the people. I never like to be less well armed than the person I'm up against.
30 January 2012, 19:16,
Hell,

I want to be better armed all the time.
Skean Dhude
31 January 2012, 23:09,
Answer to original question >>> YES.

Justification >>> 1000's of years of history incorporating inumerable beyond record, repeat incidents as such. At home & abroad as still to be seen on the square drug (TV)

Quantification >>> Human nature & it's reluctance to evolve beyond the jungle.