Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internet Apocalypse.
11 October 2021, 14:18,
Internet Apocalypse.
according to some "experts" a big solar storm is heading our way, human life is protected by the earth's atmosphere but the internet is not, apparently.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/science/14...pse-outage
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 March 2022, 18:25,
RE: Internet Apocalypse.
The 'Carrington event' certainly did happen.
Human life is indeed protected by Earth's atmosphere, the magnetopause and the Van Allen belts - all of these things change and adapt depending on solar output.
The Sun is in solar minimum just now but the magnetically complex regions on our Sun are certainly getting my attention recently. The baseline minimum output is now at a class B level.
I look at the "Enlil" prediction centre (NASA - never a straight answer - lol) as they map where a flare may go - everything is spinning and it is hard to say what is going to happen with precision. https://www.swpc.noaa.gov/products/wsa-e...prediction

Perhaps take a look at the SOLO or at STEREO A and B satellites also. These are all on public domain as the USA tax payer are picking up the tab. Earth's magnetopause does seem to be looking odd of late too.
https://iswa.ccmc.gsfc.nasa.gov/IswaSystemWebApp/

I hope this helps. Please feel free to comment or private message if you should require any more information. If you are having a WTH?! kind of moment, then please know I am happy to help - again on here or privately.
6 March 2022, 19:20,
Check out ....Suspicious Observers on ytube .....daly reports ....they got their shit together ! .
7 March 2022, 01:21,
The internet is mainly fibre in the ground, I wouldn’t be overly concerned as most switch centres are Ups protected.
You are increasing to a higher sunspot level in line with the 11 year cycle. However I have noticed some unusual observations lately.
7 March 2022, 11:58,
once the power grid goes down the internet will be unavailable, batteries in laptops and mobiles will go flat and cannot be recharged, access to information will be reduced if not completely shut down.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 March 2022, 14:46,
I will still be able to use all my radio equipment, CB , and short wave coms ......in fact all my 12 volt stuff as well as 220 ac stuff run off inverters if the net go’s down ....well it’s down ! But I still have coms ....so long as the sun shines if that fails ....it will fall on wild child to keep peddling the pushbike generator I made ....if she fails ...I will have to startup one of the generators .
7 March 2022, 14:52,
loss of internet or power wont bother me too much, in fact it will be a welcome relief, I've been on forums for 10 years and I have made some good friends over those years but I've also come across some nasty trolls and back biters too, I didnt know there were so many nasty people in the world until I hit the world of IT, I must have lead a sheltered life before then!
7 March 2022, 15:04,
Thing is BP it’s easy to type and hide behind a key board .....now then ,we have met up .....do you think these fucking idiots would say it to our faces to you or me ....no I don’t think so either !
7 March 2022, 15:07,
(7 March 2022, 15:04)Straight Shooter Wrote: Thing is BP it’s easy to type and hide behind a key board .....now then ,we have met up .....do you think these fucking idiots would say it to our faces to you or me ....no I don’t think so either !

I agree with you.
most bullies cant function when they face resistance, whether they are the school bully or someone called Putin.
7 March 2022, 19:24,
Guys have you ever been in a Switch Centre ? I’ve been in several and I can give you an idea how things go together.
Two UPS supplies A and B
Generator back up.
The fibre is normally set in a ring so you can lose the West or East and still stay on.
Additionally you can lose the West or East optical transceiver and still stay on.

You can see the system has redundancy built in and a failure on one path won’t take you off. Add to that an Engineer will be on site in no time to repair the failed side.
I know the fibre systems I maintained in the past could take a hit, additional some of the systems I maintain nowadays ( not fibre) are designed to be tolerant to far worse than a solar flare.
People make the mistake that infrastructure just runs, it doesn’t. In the real world of storms, lightning strikes, floods etc systems will be affected and in 99.9% of the time people won’t notice that redundancy is lost. But in the background some engineers phone will be ringing and he will be on the road to restore things.