Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where are they???
27 October 2021, 21:39,
Where are they???
I have noted a departure from the normal behavior patterns of the "unprepared" during the present crisis.

They are not haunting the forums with newbie questions, especially "where should I bug out too?" and the infallible "what should I buy for SHTF?".

By this far in during the Y2k episode, the crash of 2008, or even the Mayan Zombie end of the world event of 2012 the internet forums were exploding with desperate questions from frantic people.

Where are they?

Have the "social media" platforms taken the place of discussion forums for the thumb smashers with limited vocabulary? Is everyone over on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter? Good luck over there!

I know that You-tube is exploding at the moment and it is heavy on the EOTWAWKI preps and advice. They are getting hundreds of thousands of hits on their videos, and the advice is insane!

They are advising millions to head for the woods with backpacks and catapults, spears and manchettes. Then the comments section is inundated with questions like, "How do you build a fire?", "Can you really cook over an open flame?", and most famous of all, "What can I do to get my wife on board?"
27 October 2021, 22:44,
RE: Where are they???
And don't forget the preparation instructions for Long Pig.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
28 October 2021, 13:57,
its all about the pandemic at the moment and most people are acting like its all over.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 October 2021, 14:38,
You could well be correct MB ......with regards to social media platforms .....anyone needing to know anything ...it appears the go to first port of call , the wheels are coming off , things falling apart by the day , .....everyone wants a quick answer then move on to the next question , or ask the views of others .....this is a lot easier than joining a survival forum where all the Gold is .....besides they do not have to commit to anything or be a part of anything after all they have no time to ( waste ) they just want a quick answer ....without any research on their part .

The files stored on this site are available to anyone who joins up here , they represent a pile of hard first hand work, research of others that have came before , plus the added ability to speak with others ...fellow members through forum or private messaging ......even this seems to be not enough for busy people ? ....I do not worry at all about these types who can not be bothered to take the time .....I have long given up waiting for them to wake up ! ......they will eventually by the time they do , it will be to late , even for a crash course .....then we will have to deal with them directly ....that’s where the danger lies , stealing from others will seem easy rather than dig some ground plant and grow your own food , keep poultry and so on ....most are not even aware how to ! After all they have never had to ....there has always been plenty .....I come from a time when there was very little like most of us on here .......” Where are they “ I don’t even care ! When will they be paying me a visit ....I most defiantly do worry about MB .
28 October 2021, 14:52,
the unprepared will not survive long enough post collapse to cause me any sort of problem, they will all perish once the mains services shut down, the power grid collapses, and the shops and filling stations are empty.
people do not know how to survive without these things, grow their own food? forage for plants? perish the thought, they all know that food comes from supermarkets, without those they are all dead men/ dead people .
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 October 2021, 10:47,
The issue is prepping means exactly that; preparing. That means doing something before it is forced on you. By the time it is forced it is too late for many, the seeds are sold, the poultry sold out.

I've known that people are generally stupid for a long time. Discussions with your average punter on almost any subject prove it time after time and with the education systems we are rolling out the younger ones have no chance, Hot on the latest actions of their favourite celeb but no thought on how to do anything else.

Talking to some of them about how we will power all the cars reminds me of the old series dinosaurs. We will just get more. That is what more means. Someone will work it out.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
29 October 2021, 10:57,
most people especially in the UK are not preppers, they do not know how to prepare before an event, panic and panic buy after or during an event yes but not prepare before it.
most people dont know where their food comes from, how it is grown or bred, what it is fed on, what grows on trees or what grows in the ground, many do not even know what meat comes from what animal and I dont just mean the kids adults too.
the vast majority live on ready meals, too lazy or too busy to cook from fresh, with goodness knows what kind of additives and chemicals in it.
most just want to get back to "normal" which is what is happening now with Covid, most act like its all over.
29 October 2021, 17:08,
Yes BP I agree ....your assessment is spot on ! The interest seems to be the latest GAME with the latest celeb news
The closest they get to nature is a protest march or signing a partition ! Yet have no bloody clue how to prepare ...and even worse the reasons why they should ......the Titanic is sinking and all they do is rearrange the deck chairs .....to dull to eat bread !
29 October 2021, 22:50,
You are all correct in one way, but I can tell you, on the more obscure social media sites like telegram, the covid event is and has transformed many into preppers who had never heard of prepping before. Channels about the pandemic and financial advice are now mixed and merged with prepping related talk and invite requests to other channels like permaculture and survival. Many panicked then became preppers, as well as those who just went back to the way they were. One thing that unifies many of them is a complete breakdown of trust in the government, and not believing a word they say anymore. This is healthy but also dangerous, in the sense of the boy who cried wolf kind of dangerous.
30 October 2021, 09:43,
not down here they arent, not from what I've seen.