Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suicide LCD
2 December 2021, 21:11,
Suicide LCD
Just reading a report that stated that suicide was the leading cause of death in males age 20-50 living in England and Wales.

That is the key group needed to rebuild the world if you hold to expectations of a total collapse theory! Females attempt suicide as much as men, but men are more successful. So the key rebuilders of the world, of both sexes, are more than at any other time in history prone to going belly up by choice when things get wobbly.

The question being, how do you turn people that do not care if they live or die into preppers?

Or should you care?
3 December 2021, 09:31,
RE: Suicide LCD
I have no answers as to why ? This is taking place MB .....I suspect it’s going on all over the globe ......I am not avoiding the Why? People make the choice , when you consider the multi choices available , checking out seems to be the easy option ....to be free of the constructed bull shit and life you thought you had .
3 December 2021, 09:36,
that is the age range that is the most reliant on "the system", once the system goes down they will no longer be able to cope, just look at the recent storm in the north of England and Scotland, nobody prepares so once the electricity went off they were cold, hungry and sitting in the dark, and some of them have been like this for 6 days now, and you expect these sorts of people to rebuild the world post collapse? no way, they will be dropping like flies, either by natural causes or by suicide because their mental health is shot to pieces. we have grown a generation of wimps and snowflakes in this country and the population will be decimated WTSHTF.
they will not learn, as soon as this is all over they will return to "normal" life and forget about it until the next event happens. they are sheeple and will never become preppers, in the bigger picture of collapsed societies and civilisations they are expendable .
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 December 2021, 10:44,
I saw the TV footage of the storm aftermath. One woman was crouched in her house with candles and a logburner and complaining that she had to heat water on the burner and sleep in the sitting room where it was warm! Luxury! Personally I would have had a casserole going; brought blankets down and made myself comfortable. What a load of wets and wimps!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
3 December 2021, 19:16,
When I posted this I was torn between placing it in the medical section, or in the "Morals and Ethics" section.

So here is a second question and directly related to surviving and enduring difficulties.

Do you feel that suicide is a mental health issue or a moral and ethical issue. Or do you feel that people feel more free to end their lives if they have no "code to live by" or reason to hang on?

Are you responsible for your own feelings of self worth or is anyone that comes along and laughs at you or pushes you about in control of your self worth?

Is suicide the terminal end of a disease or the result of lack of moral/ethical fiber? And even deeper, is the "disease" due to widespread and accepted lack of moral and ethical substance.

And in some situations is it the valiant last act of a hero? But that is sacrifice and not avoidance, so outside the focus.
4 December 2021, 09:27,
suicide is the easy way out, it leaves some one else to sort out the mess someone leaves behind.
WTSHTF I expect the suicide rate to sky rocket because the sheeple wont be able to cope and wont want to survive, I have had as much said to me several times.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 December 2021, 12:47,
I just don't understand this suicide bent. Sure I can understand why people want to end it when they have a painful way out on the cards but when I'm looking at going I want suicide by cop and I won't be going alone. I have a big list that grows daily.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
4 December 2021, 13:37,
The family Moto of my grandparents ( on my fathers side ) .....and was adopted and quoted all the time when a was a kid ......Nil Desperandum ........Latin for( never despair ! ) and I find myself using and quoting it all the f..king time .....now there’s a contradiction in terms .
4 December 2021, 13:42,
the motto of one of my friends was "dont let the bastards grind you down!" .
4 December 2021, 13:58,
Paul stop nit picking .......lol