Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outdoor Cooking
7 December 2021, 00:51,
RE: Outdoor Cooking
Yes, I was reading on Sky News where the shadow government was calling for government investigation and prosecution of power company management for not having power back on to 3,000 homes.

Do they actually think the utilities are creating these storms just so they can torture residents?

I too must admit that some of my most memorable "stupid statements" have been on news reports after snowstorms where power outages followed.

Hopeless helplessness, complete entitlement mentality and total dependence on TPTB for the most basic self care needs.

And then they turn to idiots for their advice. One of the news presenters quoting from "survivorman".

It is not just in your country boys, it is all over the "developed world".

It reminds me of a movie called "The Outlaw Josey Wales" where the
Indian Stand Watti made the statement "We were called the civilized tribes. They called us civilized because we were easy to sneak up on."

Old man Powel recognized it back in the Boar War. Civilized people are easy to sneak up on. They fail to learn basic "survival skills" or any skills of self care once they can push a button and turn on a light bulb.

then when the light bulb refuses to work it is the government's responsibility to come to the rescue, IMMIDIATELY!!!

I watch a lot of "bushcraft" videos and it always amazes me that the "presenters" are so clumsy and unskilled with their tools, and they are the presenters! There is not a hint of any muscle memory gained from years of tool use. They are trying to teach adults skills that we once taught our 10 year old sons and daughters. And you can tell that they just learned the skill themselves and are amazed at their accomplishments.

It sometimes terrifies me to watch them handle knives, and I laugh at the "information and advice" they present as the ### fundamentals and features to look for in a "survival knife" and act as if it were the law and if your preferences differed you would die instantly when you walked into the outdoors.

It HAS to have a full tang! It HAS to have a 6.5mm thick blade! It HAS to be exactly ??? long! The blade HAS to be made from super-duper 12L22 steel! Nothing else will do and you are putting you life at risk with anything else.

What a load of crap!

Messages In This Thread
Outdoor Cooking - by Mortblanc - 5 December 2021, 23:11
RE: Outdoor Cooking - by bigpaul - 6 December 2021, 09:47
RE: Outdoor Cooking - by bigpaul - 6 December 2021, 09:49
RE: Outdoor Cooking - by Straight Shooter - 6 December 2021, 10:38
RE: Outdoor Cooking - by Mortblanc - 7 December 2021, 00:51
RE: Outdoor Cooking - by bigpaul - 7 December 2021, 10:41
RE: Outdoor Cooking - by Straight Shooter - 7 December 2021, 11:55
RE: Outdoor Cooking - by bigpaul - 7 December 2021, 12:15
RE: Outdoor Cooking - by Pete Grey - 7 December 2021, 20:00
RE: Outdoor Cooking - by CharlesHarris - 8 December 2021, 00:39