Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trail Cameras
17 January 2022, 01:05,
RE: Trail Cameras
(16 January 2022, 09:18)Straight Shooter Wrote: Yes I see these trail cameras in wide use on a lot of nature documentaries , and acting as added security applications ......expensive bit of kit but well worth it in the long term ...and a darn side easier than laying in wait .

I was shocked to find that the price has decreased if you go with a basic unit. Mine has excellent quality of picture, and ease of operation. It collects several hundred shots on 8 AA batteries and battery life is around 6 months. Takes one still shot, then a 15 second video. Gives date and hour stamp on the photo. I can scan the photos on the device or bring it in the house and get a better look on computer.

The cost of my unit on Amazon was $40 US. Cheap at twice the price!

The expensive units usually have a transmitter that sends a picture to your cell phone when triggered. They can get expensive.

I am planning to put out a bait station as soon as hunting season ends. I'll get this batch fattened up for next season, or for use as reserve food supply if needed.

I am down to the wire legally with how I can take a deer. I can not use a gun at this point due to restrictions. I can use a bow but I have been fighting rotator cuff damage for two years and that option is limiting. I could use my crossbow, but the range is at the very edge of effectiveness for that machine. If I can get them trained to come to a bait station that is 25 meters from my shooting point it will be better. I should have done this years ago.

We seem to have a shortage of mature bucks in my area. I have spike bucks of one year but only one male deer over a year old is appearing. That indicates that fawn production is slow. Deer breed better in a competitive atmosphere. A single unchallenged deer seems to not care much for his job but put a second one in there and he is willing to work.

Messages In This Thread
Trail Cameras - by Mortblanc - 16 January 2022, 00:36
RE: Trail Cameras - by Straight Shooter - 16 January 2022, 09:18
RE: Trail Cameras - by Mortblanc - 17 January 2022, 01:05
RE: Trail Cameras - by bigpaul - 16 January 2022, 09:33
RE: Trail Cameras - by Straight Shooter - 17 January 2022, 18:10
RE: Trail Cameras - by Mortblanc - 18 January 2022, 03:03
RE: Trail Cameras - by Mortblanc - 22 January 2022, 05:03