Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just in case
6 March 2022, 15:20,
Just in case
Amazon still have stock of Potassium Iodide in case you have not bought any yet.
You may never need to use it, and I certainly hope this is the case, but it might be worth getting some while it is still available. I'm not sure if local drug stores or pharmacists stock it but it may be worth a look.

Prussian Blue is prescription only, sadly. Use various fruit pectins to bind heavy metals instead.

I'm not trying to fear-monger. I hope we never need to use it.
6 March 2022, 15:24,
RE: Just in case
residents within 1 mile of Devonport Dockyard are issued such tablets in case of nuclear accident, they service Trident subs.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 March 2022, 16:02,
(6 March 2022, 15:24)bigpaul Wrote: residents within 1 mile of Devonport Dockyard are issued such tablets in case of nuclear accident, they service Trident subs.

I worked on Trident panels many years ago but that seems like a different lifetime now. I'm glad some folks have got some. I always keep a couple of bottles, just in case.
6 March 2022, 16:13,
I havent got any as yet, I live in a very rural location, not much here except sheep, both the 4 legged and 2 legged kind. LOL.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 March 2022, 16:26,
I bought some when Chernobyl kicked off, don’t know if they are still ok, will have to check dates.
6 March 2022, 17:29,
(6 March 2022, 16:13)bigpaul Wrote: I havent got any as yet, I live in a very rural location, not much here except sheep, both the 4 legged and 2 legged kind. LOL.

I think the 4 legged types are less stupid and less dangerous but I am not an expert in this field by any stretch.
6 March 2022, 17:33,
(6 March 2022, 16:26)Pete Grey Wrote: I bought some when Chernobyl kicked off, don’t know if they are still ok, will have to check dates.

I am very sorry but not an expert on this. I do not know if they 'go off' as such. Perhaps they lose effectiveness over time? The last thing I want to do is make Jeff Bozo even more rich but maybe there is a source that is local to you? Might be worth a quick enquiry.
Again I hope none of us should ever need such a thing.
6 March 2022, 19:29,
Yes got mine !
6 March 2022, 19:33,
(6 March 2022, 19:29)Straight Shooter Wrote: Yes got mine !

I am so glad to here this. Let us all hope we never need them. =D
6 March 2022, 19:50,
(6 March 2022, 19:33)Ajax Wrote:
(6 March 2022, 19:29)Straight Shooter Wrote: Yes got mine !

I am so glad to here this. Let us all hope we never need them. =D

* hear this. Sorry I made a typo.