Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK dudes - air attack warnings.
21 March 2022, 20:02,
UK dudes - air attack warnings.
Hey folks,

When was the last time any of you UK dudes heard the UK air attack warnings?
Think 'frankie goes to hollywood - two tribes intro' ... yes, that sound.

I heard them back in the late 1980's.
When did you hear them last?
When was the last time you had a full drill?
I've never had one - never been evacced, even for a drill.

I'm not suggesting anything. I am not making any inference.
I am just asking another question.

Please know this is what I do ... ALL the bloody time.

So, what is the UK civil defence programme?
Yes, that is an actual question.
How much of our money has gone where exactly?
Yes, that is another question.
When was the last time you heard the sirens?
Did you ever do a drill?
Yes, that is a real question.
21 March 2022, 20:43,
RE: UK dudes - air attack warnings.
Wasn't it replace with the Civil Contingencies Act back in 2004, that put responsibility into the hands of local government (i.e. Councils), Gawd help us...
Ịn the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!
21 March 2022, 21:38,
I remember the siren being tested on a regular basis ....fixed to the local police station I was 4 to 5 years old then ...1956 ....57 .....all classes were mustered to the main hall std 1 through to std 4 .....we were given a Horlicks
sweet as a reward for being within the set time ! Sometimes I would get two ! ......I put this down to being so f..king gorgeous .
21 March 2022, 22:31,
(21 March 2022, 20:43)LAC Wrote: Wasn't it replace with the Civil Contingencies Act back in 2004, that put responsibility into the hands of local government (i.e. Councils), Gawd help us...

Most likely.
I have had not drills here for 40 years.
Never been evacuated - even for practice.

Any one else?

Still reckon your govt, loves you soooo much that they want to protect you from a coof?
What is worse: war (conventional or whatever) or sniffles?
Who is pushing for sanctions? On what side is the push coming from? Can anyone question anything on Twatter or social media or are questions being smacked down? Have you seen questions being smacked down on any other topic of late?

In your region: how many deaths did you see? How many ambulance sirens woke you up in the middle of the night in 2020? How busy was your crems/graveyards? How busy were your ministers? How busy were your undertakers? How many hearses did you see out on the street? So please tell me about the deadly disease, I am all ears.

Do any of you feel, at times, that you may be being steered or funnelled in a certain direction?

Do any of you ever question why? Do any of you ask qui bono?

Yup, I' still asking questions. Yup, I am the spanner in the gears. I am the fly in the ointment. Yes, I might upset you. Yes, I might ruffle your feathers.

But ... am I making a single one of you wonderful, amazing people think yet?
Really?

I am very tired.
I am exhausted.
I am an irascible arseh*le.
I apologise.
Time is running out now. We do not have much longer. If I cannot be blunt here, then where am I supposed to go to speak? Serious question!

I see what is going to unfold here soon. I am very sorry for you if you don't!

You need to organise your communities. They are going to need strong leaders - they just don't know it yet. They will ignore you as much as they ignore me. But we HAVE to step up and we HAVE to act. WE are not going to make it on our own!
Children will starve and violent folks will kill you for your garden, your plot, your small holding, your chickens or your cows/livestock.
How do I know? I have already SEEN it!

Operation Sandman is now green. This is not getting walked back, unless you believe in miracles. I have seen miracles. I'm already the resident kook - just because of some of the stuff I had said - any of you researched this stuff yet?
Why would I tell any of you goof balls about the really mind-bending stuff I have experienced? Y'all thing I am batsh!t mental anyway.
Yeah, now I know how Tesla felt, right.

There are more unprepared w*nkers out there than there are any of us.
Some of 'us' have trust issues and do not want to buddy up.
FFS, the UK is not big enough for us to just disappear and go full Mad Max.
This is not the USA! Dang we are hardly a spot on the USA map!
I'm planting food crops in verges, hedgerows and anywhere green that is not private owned.
Yes, I am stupid. No, it may not help worth a damn. At least when I die I can say, I tried to help other folks. What will you say?

Go look at my post about calories and going it alone and mating and future generations - what is the point if WE cannot give future generations a civilisation to live in - what is the point?
Yes, you may live alone but for how long? If there are NO CHILDREN, then WHY? WHO will come after you? What was your legacy? What was OUR culture for? WHO is going to remember it or us?

I'm planting food crops in verges, hedgerows and anything green that is not private owned. I offered to plant food crops in gardens for free - they want bowling greens. I said I would dig up all the food and give 100% cropping to the plot owners - for free. BOWLING LAWN. I offered free heirloom seeds. I offered for free, breeding pairs of birds and would build coops to home them. No one wants to know. I'm going to be hip deep in dead neighbours, if any one needs some fire fuel.

Oh boy, am I going to get some serious burn and scathing comments for this one!
You go fellas! Do your worst. Call me all the names you want - do you really think that i have not heard all these insults before? I'll give a gold star for the most original insult, how about that?

On what point am I WRONG though, really?

Unless WE prep and help the stupid (who do not know that help is needed) then we ALL of us burn.

Yeah insane, tin-foil hat, Ajax!
Yup!
You do you, all you wonderful critics of mine, we have but a short time.
21 March 2022, 22:36,
(21 March 2022, 21:38)Straight Shooter Wrote: I remember the siren being tested on a regular basis ....fixed to the local police station I was 4 to 5 years old then ...1956 ....57 .....all classes were mustered to the main hall std 1 through to std 4 .....we were given a Horlicks
sweet as a reward for being within the set time ! Sometimes I would get two ! ......I put this down to being so f..king gorgeous .

Take an extra Horlicks on me for pure gorgeousness, Mate.
21 March 2022, 23:20,
(21 March 2022, 21:38)Straight Shooter Wrote: ......I put this down to being so f..king gorgeous .

Hey SS, I was always told......Self praise is no recommendation Smile.

As for air attack warnings, most were scrapped in the early 1990s, some sirens were kept in areas liable to flooding and around nuclear power power stations.

The civil defence corps (the volunteer organisation of over 300,000 trained personnel) was stood down in 1968. All we have now is the Fire and Rescue Service.
22 March 2022, 00:27,
(21 March 2022, 23:20)Pete Grey Wrote:
(21 March 2022, 21:38)Straight Shooter Wrote: ......I put this down to being so f..king gorgeous .

Hey SS, I was always told......Self praise is no recommendation Smile.

As for air attack warnings, most were scrapped in the early 1990s, some sirens were kept in areas liable to flooding and around nuclear power power stations.

The civil defence corps (the volunteer organisation of over 300,000 trained personnel) was stood down in 1968. All we have now is the Fire and Rescue Service.

Yeah that was probably why they all went quiet, mate. I thank you for your insight.
All the best.
22 March 2022, 01:36,
(21 March 2022, 22:31)Ajax Wrote:
(21 March 2022, 20:43)LAC Wrote: Wasn't it replace with the Civil Contingencies Act back in 2004, that put responsibility into the hands of local government (i.e. Councils), Gawd help us...

Most likely.
I have had not drills here for 40 years.
Never been evacuated - even for practice.

Any one else?

Still reckon your govt, loves you soooo much that they want to protect you from a coof?
What is worse: war (conventional or whatever) or sniffles?
Who is pushing for sanctions? On what side is the push coming from? Can anyone question anything on Twatter or social media or are questions being smacked down? Have you seen questions being smacked down on any other topic of late?

In your region: how many deaths did you see? How many ambulance sirens woke you up in the middle of the night in 2020? How busy was your crems/graveyards? How busy were your ministers? How busy were your undertakers? How many hearses did you see out on the street? So please tell me about the deadly disease, I am all ears.

Do any of you feel, at times, that you may be being steered or funnelled in a certain direction?

Do any of you ever question why? Do any of you ask qui bono?

Yup, I' still asking questions. Yup, I am the spanner in the gears. I am the fly in the ointment. Yes, I might upset you. Yes, I might ruffle your feathers.

But ... am I making a single one of you wonderful, amazing people think yet?
Really?

I am very tired.
I am exhausted.
I am an irascible arseh*le.
I apologise.
Time is running out now. We do not have much longer. If I cannot be blunt here, then where am I supposed to go to speak? Serious question!

I see what is going to unfold here soon. I am very sorry for you if you don't!

You need to organise your communities. They are going to need strong leaders - they just don't know it yet. They will ignore you as much as they ignore me. But we HAVE to step up and we HAVE to act. WE are not going to make it on our own!
Children will starve and violent folks will kill you for your garden, your plot, your small holding, your chickens or your cows/livestock.
How do I know? I have already SEEN it!

Operation Sandman is now green. This is not getting walked back, unless you believe in miracles. I have seen miracles. I'm already the resident kook - just because of some of the stuff I had said - any of you researched this stuff yet?
Why would I tell any of you goof balls about the really mind-bending stuff I have experienced? Y'all thing I am batsh!t mental anyway.
Yeah, now I know how Tesla felt, right.

There are more unprepared w*nkers out there than there are any of us.
Some of 'us' have trust issues and do not want to buddy up.
FFS, the UK is not big enough for us to just disappear and go full Mad Max.
This is not the USA! Dang we are hardly a spot on the USA map!
I'm planting food crops in verges, hedgerows and anywhere green that is not private owned.
Yes, I am stupid. No, it may not help worth a damn. At least when I die I can say, I tried to help other folks. What will you say?

Go look at my post about calories and going it alone and mating and future generations - what is the point if WE cannot give future generations a civilisation to live in - what is the point?
Yes, you may live alone but for how long? If there are NO CHILDREN, then WHY? WHO will come after you? What was your legacy? What was OUR culture for? WHO is going to remember it or us?

I'm planting food crops in verges, hedgerows and anything green that is not private owned. I offered to plant food crops in gardens for free - they want bowling greens. I said I would dig up all the food and give 100% cropping to the plot owners - for free. BOWLING LAWN. I offered free heirloom seeds. I offered for free, breeding pairs of birds and would build coops to home them. No one wants to know. I'm going to be hip deep in dead neighbours, if any one needs some fire fuel.

Oh boy, am I going to get some serious burn and scathing comments for this one!
You go fellas! Do your worst. Call me all the names you want - do you really think that i have not heard all these insults before? I'll give a gold star for the most original insult, how about that?

On what point am I WRONG though, really?

Unless WE prep and help the stupid (who do not know that help is needed) then we ALL of us burn.

Yeah insane, tin-foil hat, Ajax!
Yup!
You do you, all you wonderful critics of mine, we have but a short time.

Ajax

It's a conundrum isn't it? I agree that survival in an extreme and/or prolonged event is most probably more likely as part of an organised group. However, most who already have that in place aren't online anymore, or if they are they won't talk about it much, if at all.

The more people you try to convince to prep, the higher the level of risk you expose yourself to if an event takes place. i.e. the ones you can't convince (which is likely most of them) may dismiss you as a crank or even become belligerent, BUT, they sure as hell WILL remember you if the SHTF, and then you're a target.

With respect, surely you must have thought this through previously? This type of thing has been discussed on here many times, but I don't mind discussing it further. This is in my opinion the most difficult aspect of prepping. Think you know people? See how the division happened during covid, and that was relatively mild in the scheme of things. I don't even know how people I've known for years will react in a serious and/or prolonged event, let alone people I've only recently met and might be trying to convince to prep.

So if bad guys try to raid your garden what will you do? Or maybe it's best not to plant anything in your garden, which surely defeats the purpose? And don't forget that even if you do have a group, in fighting will inevitability occur, especially in a stressful situation. Even within groups some will be more prepared or have more knowledge than others, and will likely wish for a higher status within the group for that reason if it really gets going, even if beforehand they claimed to be altruistic to the groups stated goals.

Have you ever read Orwell's Animal Farm?
Ịn the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!
22 March 2022, 08:43,
Ajax ,

What you must understand being here on this forum .......members and guests are waking up to what’s going on ....that’s why we are here! There will be different levels of awareness ......the main common factor being food preps along with survival skills ,bush skills and everything else included to sustain ones survival ...by any and all means .....most based on two hundred and older technology mixed with modern day stuff.

Waking up , takes time .....it’s enough for many just to prep ,without knowing why they do it .....all they know is they have to do something ! It’s only later people start to question how things really work then delve deeper into WHY it works the way it does ....then wake up some more ! .....I do not doubt your intentions or sincerity trying to speed up the process ,........people will take as long as they take to reach their own conclusions ....but they must make them for themselves .....telling them how it is or how you think it is ....will not cut the mustard with many ...you constantly refer to name calling and bad mouthing ....why does this concern you so much ? ....if you are fully committed (and you are ) then your message is out and people read it ....that may well insight them to look into what you are saying and go deeper themselves ....or they can disregard all you say then call you a nutter or freak .....they and only they make their own minds up .....not withstanding their own personal circumstances and political points of view ...... you have entered a pathway that is tough ....you question most everything .....that makes you a target by default ! ........embrace it !

Most people are busy keeping their heads above water and paying their way , some loosing their homes ....some struggling with the kids shoes and clothing , some struggling to eat or heat ......this consumes their very being and is enough to worry about (by design imo) there is no time or space to listen to the likes of us .
22 March 2022, 10:31,
British Civil Defence was done away with in the 1980s. there are some plans for county councils to do this and that post any event but nothing prior to or during.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.