Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The caravan
12 July 2023, 17:57,
The caravan
The motor mover packed in on the last trip out , which means I can not park it up at home like normal , where it lives is very tight to manoeuvre even with a motor mover , there is zero chance of reversing in ! So I’ve had to park it up outside the sil factory although there is 24 7 security it’s not ideal .

So we had a good look and tried to free up the manual engagement gear , stripping down the covers and having a look…..we found a pile of crap inside and flushed it out , we got the one side free ….the other side was ceased solid so we stripped out the system and took the complete thing to my garage , where we continued to see if we could fix the problem , but to no avail …..looking at new parts replacement did not make any sense given the prices .

So we ordered a new complete system ! Which made more sense given the price of a new system .

So tomorrow we will install the new system and hopefully be able to get it home ……and book up another trip ! The joys of caravanning ! …..so much for the plastic covers …..not much good at all .
12 July 2023, 19:33,
RE: The caravan
Sorry you’ve got this trouble SS no doubt you’ll soon get it fixed and be off on another trip.

Perhaps you can seal the plastic covers better, even clingfilm and pvc tape might make a difference.
13 July 2023, 11:52,
I still miss my old wooden caravan when I was off grid.
it never went anywhere, it was on blocks but it was my home for many years.
I have never ever seen anything like it since.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 July 2023, 21:28,
Well all went well today , the new mover is fitted and is working fine ! The caravan is now home and resting right outside the living room window …….wild child is now busy trying to book up the next trip …..and she will get that done by tomorrow …..believe me boys , she’s not backwards in coming forwards …..” let’s make some memories “ she says …….I’m all for them sweetheart I say ! …..we have been collecting them for the past 55 years …….and she still wants more , and so do I is the truth .