Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who has land they hunt on?
8 February 2012, 16:59,
Who has land they hunt on?
There are several people on here who hunt with a FAC, or maybe not, and I was wondering how many acres you hunt on and what you hunt. Is it for food, sport or vermin control.

Personally, I have access to approx 100 acres and it's all rabbits and pigeons for food.

I do spend hours just blasting things as well to improve my aim and gain practice with my weapons.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
8 February 2012, 21:31,
RE: Who has land they hunt on?
dont hunt FAC coz you need police permission big back drop fair bit of money for ammo also wood shot my self in the foot as dont have fire arm training but have HW77 can kill pigeons rabbits squirrels head shots at 30 35 yards getting close or lying in wait have 3 shoots got about 50 acres in all cant wait till law is changed or gone for crossbow hunt big game hmmm deer !!
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
8 February 2012, 21:46,
Sounds good. How come you don't shoot yourself with the Air Rifle then? It isn't that much different.
Skean Dhude
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
9 February 2012, 16:25,
dont mind shooting my self with airgun but with a shotgun you wood lose you footBig Grin
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
9 February 2012, 17:01,
Not much I can say about that. Smile
Skean Dhude
11 February 2012, 02:50,
All rangework at the moment. PSG
15 February 2012, 13:37,
Got access to two farms with a total of about 1000 acres of mixed fields and woodland. Mainly shoot rabbitts, pigeons, crows, squirrels etc. I don't see what I do as "sport", as that seems to me a smug description for "killing things while having a jolly good time". i'd rather see myself as "hunting", trying to outwit my quarry one on one, and then if i'm good enough, showing respect by killing it cleanly and respectfully. I use all the game for food and other parts like, skins feathers etc.
I use an Air Arms S200 PCP rifle. and a Weirauch HW80 spring rifle. These will take any small game I need, and they are very tunable. I also use a variety of bows, ranging from crossbows to modern hunting recurves to classical composites and English style longbows. But of course I don't hunt with these as it is illegal to hunt with a bow in this country.
15 February 2012, 17:36,
I have access to a 10 acre arable field up the road (50 yards away) so a few fluffy bunnies get handed out to local pensioners now and then.... I won't eat them until I have to.

Weapon of choice... The cheap and very underrated 0.22 SMK Model 20 (non-fac version ;-) fitted with a 3-9 X 50 scope and homemade, height adjustable Bipod
Failure to prepare mentally, is preparing to fail totally.