Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The internet may be shut down Banks close doors
9 October 2022, 21:00,
RE: The internet may be shut down Banks close doors
BP are your numbers relating to Inland Revenue flagging or Police flagging? It doesn’t just apply to cash, in fact any large transaction gets flagged. The bottom line is the Bank is not your friend, they will report anything if it goes above the trigger level.
In fairness most Banks or organisations will tell you if you have triggered a Police flagging level, I’ve had this a few times as I liked to keep a fair amount of cash to hand in the past and if you pay large sums of cash into a bank it gets noticed. You also get issues when you try to buy anything over 3K in cash, most companies will refuse it.
Cash is good but keeping to £500 blocks keeps you more invisible.
10 October 2022, 07:39,
the numbers I quoted from my google search were related to the money laundering regulations, so mostly bank regulations I think. I've moved money from normal account to savings account (different bank) without any problems.
I pay small amounts of shopping in cash, bills are still paid by me by cheque, I do not bank online.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
10 October 2022, 16:26,
The trigger level in the UK is officially £5K. However, the banks systems report many transactions below that amount for a variety of reasons. If it is just below the threshold they flag it as they assume that you used that amount to avoid the threshold. If you have several transaction in a row that exceed some arbitrary threshold then it does the same.

Years ago I had several accounts where I used to move money from one to the other in a circular fashion having one bill paid from one and another from another account. I moved all the money around so it ended up back where it started but reduced by the payments in the other accounts. I had numerous phone calls from the banks where I explained what I was doing. After a while the calls stopped and I got bored.

If you want to take out money they do it is small chunks. £500 is about right for a boozy night out in London so take out that much every few days and it will be fine. If you really need a lot, maybe £10K, then call the bank, tell them it is for a car and they will give you the cash the next day in a ready made envelope to pay over to your back street dealer.

Of course this is only an issue for us. If you are a big guy dealing in millions then nobody even notices even if it is plastered all over the papers.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
10 October 2022, 21:01,
I have no doubts that a mass of people use other social mediums to get instant answers to any questions they lose and have no time to get involved with forums , and having to go through the complete inconvenience of participating with others , forums are not fu!! Of experts but they are full of people with opinions and differing points of view , some even spend to.e looking for the information to strengthen their argument and copy and paste in bits that work and fit which makes them look more expert and knowledgeable than is the actual case , the easy way to counter these types is to make good use of the Ignore button if this is not up to your expectations then maybe a (f.ck you off the forum button) would be a relevant addition , forums work with persuading argument not forced view of any individual .
11 October 2022, 09:47,
forums are for discussion, one can either take some one's opinion or they can ignore it.
I have personally had other members-on another forum not this one- slag me off because my opinion wasnt the same as theirs, some of it downright nasty, the internet seems to bring out the trolls .
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 October 2022, 20:31,
Big Paul,you get slagged off because you talk shit. Regarding trolls,you have been banned from UK AND US sites because YOU are a troll.

You are telling people about cash movement through Google. Not the real world. Those of us who have cash know the real limits.
12 October 2022, 13:17,
(11 October 2022, 20:31)Paul m Wrote: Big Paul,you get slagged off because you talk shit. Regarding trolls,you have been banned from UK AND US sites because YOU are a troll.

You are telling people about cash movement through Google. Not the real world. Those of us who have cash know the real limits.

you again? dont you get jaw ache from all this flapping your lip?
12 October 2022, 14:17,
funny how some people cant stand anyone with a difference of opinion is it? they jump up every so often, slag someone off, never add anything to the forum in question, then slide back under their rock until the next time. now THATS my definition of a troll.
12 October 2022, 21:34,
Might I suggest the use of the ignore feature the forum offers.

If you use that function you will only see a blank banner rather than a post, and I guarantee in this instance you will never, ever, miss a single tidbit of usable information about survival or emergency preparations in general.
13 October 2022, 08:21,
I was thinking that myself MB, great minds think alike.