Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Improvised Cook-spots
26 October 2022, 17:39,
Improvised Cook-spots
What is the most unusual cooking situation you have cobbled together for use indoors?

Not from manufactured items like camp stoves, but improvised on the spot for use inside the house.

What were your materials, construction and fuel?
26 October 2022, 18:19,
RE: Improvised Cook-spots
M2A1 cal. .50 ammunition can. Blow vent holes out bottom corners using .38 revolver. Cut notches across top to position six water soaked bamboo sate' sticks using hatchet. Use two stick of gum sized C4 shavings as the fire starter, feed tent stake sized wood by the handful into the can to build bed of coals. Carry cooker under tent fly opening with E-tool.

Skewer fish, chicken, lemon grass, young bamboo shoots on sate' sticks while cooking rice in your canteen cup. Season with fish sauce, soy sauce or curry if you have any. If you were really lucky your Mum sent Tabasco and miniatures of Jack Daniels in with your last box of cookies from home. Livin' up town!

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
26 October 2022, 22:55,
Although we have a good selection of cast iron ware , my favourite thing would be the 12” solid steel circular 12 mm flat plate , wild child uses it for baking Welsh cakes ,pancakes and rock cakes , I use it for baking flat bread , I have been threatening to drill an tap some removable legs to the underside for ages so I could use it on a open fire outside so I will get that done ! Within days .

I have two Dutch ovens like everyone else on here , digging a fire pit and a stone circle is kids stuff but very effective to get to the basics …….I have made several stoves out of lpg gas cylinders that I could use inside should the stove fail , I have flu pipe and fittings to rig up on hand , in short I will find a way no matter what it would take .
Some real good information there Charles many thanks mate ! ……we use drill bits over here Mate ……pistols are for pussies ……..you lucky buggers ! BTW my air rifle does not cut it ! .
27 October 2022, 23:17,
All depends on what size hole you need SS. Ammo selection matters too. A .38 with a flat "wadcutter" bullet will drill a neat 3/8"=9mm hole which is especially nice if you are running stereo wiring through floors and walls.
28 October 2022, 06:24,
I have no doubts of what you say MB ! It’s just that I try to illustrate the difference in our Cultures …..what you consider everyday normality over there …..is nothing remotely like it over here…..they disarmed us years ago , there are ways and means available to get the appropriate licence to own a firearm or shotgun , so not impossible you just have to jump through lots of hoops to get there…….where as drill bits are sold everywhere ….off the shelf to anyone .
28 October 2022, 23:25,
Another difference in out cultures SS.

You really do believe that your population is disarmed! It's a media smokescreen.

Think about it. Your Bobbies slip on body armor ever time they get a serious call and your bailiffs wear it daily for repo missions.

Perhaps they know something exists that you have been convinced does not exist.

They outlawed drugs, smuggling and prostitution quite some time ago. Do you believe they stopped all of that immediately on passage of a simple law? Have you read the papers lately?

Yet everyone in GB thinks everyone else marched down to the police station and turned every gun they owned in voluntarily!

As for making the legal means difficult??? You guys love to jump through hoops, you live for it! Look at what you put yourselves through to get a drivers license, a motorbike license, building permits and council approvals, or an education.

If you did not love it you would vote the b@$tards out of office.
28 October 2022, 23:59,
The fundamental difference MB is you have a right to bear arms it’s written into your bill of rights and constitution , although there have been many attempts to change it ….and failed .

Hence they are not coming for your guns …….they will stave you out and take your money instead , until such time they can not ……they will roll over you as they did us , easy when people loose the will to fight and will come down to the masses just saying NO ……NO is the end game ….no guns required .
29 October 2022, 08:26,
I dont know where Americans get the idea that Brits cant have guns, we can, they are many guns registered in this country, its just that the licencing is more strict and some of us have no wish to get on a gun list which could be used against us in a SHTF situation, there are other ways of protecting oneself which at the present dont involve registration.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 October 2022, 09:06,
I get the impression that 'we' are a little bit off topic at this point.
30 October 2022, 01:29,
(29 October 2022, 09:06)iaaems Wrote: I get the impression that 'we' are a little bit off topic at this point.

Totally normal.

This forum has never, ever, in all its history gone more then 5 posts without going down a rabbit hole!