Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Emergency Lighting
8 November 2022, 09:42,
RE: Emergency Lighting
Yes MB night vision goggles or scopes are a must have ! .
8 November 2022, 10:55,
you seen the price of them? some of us are on a limited budget.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 November 2022, 14:43,
Yes BP they are not cheap ! But pre warned is pre armed ! There are some models that are reasonably priced that could do a job , if you factor in night movements on foot or even surveillance around your home , not forgetting anyone casing you or your home may well have these devices looking at you , and you would be oblivious to their movements or intentions .

As MB has mentioned a light left on becomes a target even a standby light on a router , even with everything OFF there is still the question of body heat ! , so it comes down to who sees who first or looking at each other being aware of each other , in turn each deciding what action to proceed with ! In any event I would favour the option of knowing who is about ……….the price would be well worth paying then BP …..limited budget or not .
8 November 2022, 14:56,
trouble its similar to walkie talkies and other tech stuff, it will probably get chucked in a drawer UNTIL the collapse happens and may never get used at all.
trip wires and fences make more sense at the moment.
actually a dog would be more use, tell me someone is about long before I saw them on any scope, if I could actually get another dog.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 November 2022, 15:49,
Again , everyone to their own BP ! Whatever works for you, we all walk the same direction on a similar road , with regard to ( new tech stuff ) you use the same tech stuff everyday just by being on here ! …..if we are all going back to basics you will be way in front and beating the rush …..none of us have all the answers , we just think we do ! .
8 November 2022, 16:22,
yes but my tech stuff is basic, a basic laptop and a simple mobile phone(the latter only used for personal emergencies-not many of those these days) my life style is basic and simple and mostly old school, I'm very traditional and old school, I do not like modern life and I hate the 21st century-even more so the way the world is now going.
which is why my prepping is hand tools and mostly geared towards subsistence growing /lifestyle post SHTF.
I dont do all this techie stuff, I'm not technically minded and I dont understand half of it.
I'm just an old hippie/country yokel at heart. LOL.
8 November 2022, 16:52,
I saw an article some time ago, on youtube, where someone took an old digital camera opened it up and removed the infrared filter to use it for night vision.

The article is still there, and you can even convert an old smartphone, but it’s much more fiddly.
8 November 2022, 17:04,
Our very own S13 told us he was working along these lines a few years back Pete , I can’t remember if he completed that task , but he was on the case ! .
9 November 2022, 10:45,
yes, but where is he now? last thing I heard was he had divorced and moved on.
9 November 2022, 11:20,
Well wherever he is and whatever he’s doing now , I wish him well ! .