Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BANK RUNS
27 April 2023, 19:12,
RE: BANK RUNS
More US banks are on the brink of collapse , just because these banks are in the USA does not mean there will be no repercussions around the globe ….it can and will kick off anywhere and everywhere . The US dollar is under attack ! The fed has lost control by the looks of it …….we in the UK could well be next with regards the banking system , don’t be fooled by a new CBDS ! If they do bring digital in ( which is the plan ) then each and every one of us will be well and truly F..ked , all freedoms will be lost ! Just my opinion !
27 April 2023, 22:22,
SS please get a grip and find some accurate information.

The banks over here are not shuttering the doors and windows on every street corner. We have branches that are closing because of disuse due to computerized services, but the parent banks are sound and sensible which is why they are closing unused facilities.

Our society and culture has some things going on that you can't understand. We are a vehicle oriented society to the extent that we do our banking without leaving the vehicle. We don't go inside, so we don't need or often don't want a clerk. We transfer funds at home on our computer or sometimes if we need cash we drive up to the machine and get funds out without leaving the vehicle. We do not need a brick and mortar building, just an operating ATM with lights and buttons to dispense our cash. That became even more pronounced during COVID when no one was going in and standing in a que breathing germs to see a possibly infected clerk so they could hand us money. Anyone that had no changed over to computerized, "digital" banking did so then.

The SVB was the last "bank failure" in the U.S. and it was the first failure in 2 1/2 years before that!

Things are not falling apart over here.

Perhaps the U.S. dollar is under attack, but it always has been under attack from some entity or another, the Japanese, the British, the Chinese, the Indians, the South Africans the Euro or perhaps New Zealand or Tahiti. Someone is eternally trying to scarf up U.S. assets, then we sign another trade agreement and get them back.

And I am still trying to figure out how your money is not already digital? Or why you think it is not. It goes to your account digitally, and perhaps you snatch it out as cash, then you spend it and the person you gave it to deposits it instantly and turns it back into electrons!

As for freedoms??? Really??? Did you not just live through a thing called a covid shutdown. Were you not legally dictated where you could go, what you could do, when you could do it, how many people could be present, who could work, who could operate their business, subject yourself to random stops on the highway to justify your coming and going, face sanctions for not vaccinating, have to present a COVID passport to travel or attend public functions and wear a mask in the process.

What are the freedoms associated with your money that you think can not be taken from you at the snap of the bureaucratic fingers.

You, at the present moment, have only the freedoms TPTB generously bestow on you at their leisure.
27 April 2023, 23:20,
As I have said MB , it’s only my view……and not shared by you ! Which is okay by me , I will live with it ! No one has to agree with my take ….on anything ! It’s that simple , who cares ?
4 May 2023, 14:51,
The gold price hit a new all time high ! 2090 dollars on fears of further bank collapses in the USA and around the globe , looking very very bad right now .

MB ……….don’t shoot the messenger ! .
4 May 2023, 20:15,
In September 2018 I suggested keeping a percentage of savings in gold as a hedge against inflation, it mostly fell on deaf ears
(not you SS), a gold sovereign (8gm 22ct) then cost about £240, cost now is £430, too late now.
14 July 2023, 08:27,
(19 March 2023, 13:04)Straight Shooter Wrote: Is anyone keeping an eye on bank runs ? Are you holding cash just in case ? Are you concerned about a domino affect ? And what that will mean for all of us ? ……do you even care ? .
Russia's long term aim appears to be to undermine the western banking system. Which is near collapse due to the massive debt levels, and more importantly, the massive spending levels.

Those were not an immediate problem so long as the west controlled the global banking system. But when the west impounded Russian assets it sent a shudder through the global community that realised it could no longer trust western banks and so, they are all looking to trade outside the western banking system. So, the west has very much shot itself in the foot and killed the golden goose that literally laid the golden egg, which after the destruction of manufacturing by Thatcher et al, and then our energy by the sTories, was the only really substantial income we have left.

So, yes, bank runs are going to be an increasing risk, but the real risk is the decline of the west as an economy, which means bouts of severe economic recession become much more likely.
14 July 2023, 11:27,
in a major collapse money and finance will cease to exist.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
14 July 2023, 15:56,
(14 July 2023, 11:27)bigpaul Wrote: in a major collapse money and finance will cease to exist.
I don't think there is a single example anywhere of a collapse where money ceased to exist, but there are numerous ones where other tradeable items became easier to trade.

What happens is the cost of living rises so that it is too high for many people, and if you can't afford the cost of living you die ... but there still is money.
14 July 2023, 16:45,
(14 July 2023, 15:56)Sekwo Wrote:
(14 July 2023, 11:27)bigpaul Wrote: in a major collapse money and finance will cease to exist.
I don't think there is a single example anywhere of a collapse where money ceased to exist, but there are numerous ones where other tradeable items became easier to trade.

What happens is the cost of living rises so that it is too high for many people, and if you can't afford the cost of living you die ... but there still is money.

I'm talking about a major societal collapse not just some economic downturn.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
14 July 2023, 20:28,
(14 July 2023, 16:45)bigpaul Wrote:
(14 July 2023, 15:56)Sekwo Wrote:

I'm talking about a major societal collapse not just some economic downturn.

For the last century, we've lived in a world where economic growth was the norm. As a result, it is very difficult to understands what it will be like when economic recession is the norm. But we are about to find out.