Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pandemic
5 May 2023, 23:47,
Pandemic
In a statement today the WHO say the Covid-19 “global health emergency”, (pandemic to us), is now over.

Also today the CEO of Bupa says “governments and healthcare bodies around the world have not learned the lessons of covid and are not ready for the next pandemic”.

As preppers knowing what happened last time, all the chaos, what can you as a family do to prepare, and what are you actually doing ?.
6 May 2023, 08:15,
RE: Pandemic
I said a long long time ago long before Covid was even heard of that if ever a disease took hold in this country the wife and I would go into personal isolation and hunker down until the disease pandemic had been and gone, our plans were formulated around this.
removing ourselves from the common herd/masses means we remove ourselves from any human contagion.
this was long before we heard the word "lockdown" or social distancing.
we will do the same in any future outbreak.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 May 2023, 12:04,
I do not trust anything the WHO has to say about anything Pete ! But I have a couple of acres to hide in and realise I’m lucky with my position but worked for it I can assure you , depending on the scenario I would make a judgment based on local conditions and apply what ever the measures I deemed fit , as preppers we already prepare for such anyway to a degree so it will not phase us that much ….we already do the preparations , worse case like Bp …..lock down keep yourself to yourself as much as is possible ….trust nobody !
10 May 2023, 13:49,
What I mean is has everyone restocked on sanitizer, masks, vinyl gloves, disinfectant, plastic aprons, medication etc.

BEARING IN MIND WE ALWAYS NEED AT LEAST TEN TIMES MORE THAN WE THINK WE DO.

BP and SS have already stressed the need for isolation, but let us call covid a practice run. So we know what to expect next time.

Fortunately covid has a low mortality rate (below 2% for most developed countries). There are a lot of really dangerous things out there, Ebola for example has a mortality rate of 25%-90% (depending what treatment is available).
10 May 2023, 14:36,
Yep have restocked gloves masks and I have got gallon jugs of hand sanitizer also food tins pasta dried foods rice
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
10 May 2023, 15:15,
(10 May 2023, 14:36)Barneyboy Wrote: Yep have restocked gloves masks and I have got gallon jugs of hand sanitizer also food tins pasta dried foods rice
yep same here.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
10 May 2023, 16:31,
(10 May 2023, 15:15)bigpaul Wrote:
(10 May 2023, 14:36)Barneyboy Wrote: Yep have restocked gloves masks and I have got gallon jugs of hand sanitizer also food tins pasta dried foods rice
yep same here.

Good man
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
10 May 2023, 21:59,
My stock levels have been restocked Pete , I also have loads of bars of soap packed in glass jars , I am still adding food preps …..every week ! …..preserving items ……vinegar , salt , sugar , herbs and spices are always kept in bulk quantities ,the way I see things these will and always be of prime importance for survival short and long term , like most preppers will find out , the list is long , the tendency is to go for the most important items first along with the quantity ….then comes all the things you had not thought of , an even bigger list ! But as you shorten the lists and you will ! There will always be things you forgot you needed or did’nt seem that important , as BP always says KISS ….keep it simple stupid ….it’s harder than you thing ! .
11 May 2023, 02:32,
Toilet roll! I will forever have a one year supply on hand!

For me the big lesson was not the medicals, food stocks, or the need for isolation, it was the daily needs of running a homestead that were taken from my grasp.

Spare lumber of the right size, not just any size. Nails and fasteners, large stocks of epoxy and adhesives, sections of sheet metal for repairs, faucet washers, cable ties, and the dozens of items one needs to keep a place weather tight and operating.

That was the thing that most often drove me out and about during the thick of it.

The closing of the shops and restrictions on entry were the tough part for me. I remember driving past a mom and pop hardware that had a line of over 100 people waiting to get inside. only 5 people were allowed inside the store at a time.

And yes, over here you often had to show a vaccination card to get inside a shop. There was not a moment of hesitation in turning you away and the law was backing them.
11 May 2023, 10:53,
The BOE has just published their plan for digital currency ……if that gets through and adopted ….then you will understand what I mean when I talk about lost freedoms Mort ….with all due respect ! …..the USA will follow the same route ….if it has not done so already …..in fact every country will follow the same ( western countries ) at least.