Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Prepper Forum
19 June 2023, 07:54,
New Prepper Forum
Hi all, a new UK focussed prepper forum run by Scottish Urban Prepper recently started and is gaining momentum.
If you'd like to join here is a link.

https://prepper.forumotion.com/events

Thanks
19 June 2023, 08:17,
RE: New Prepper Forum
(19 June 2023, 07:54)Kranky Wrote: Hi all, a new UK focussed prepper forum run by Scottish Urban Prepper recently started and is gaining momentum.
If you'd like to join here is a link.

https://prepper.forumotion.com/events

Thanks

done.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
20 June 2023, 07:56,
What would be the point BP ? Jumping ship is not the answer ! More effort here on this forum is all that’s required ….if this is not possible and no one can be bothered to post , it’s game over .

Why on earth would anyone here go else where ….just to start over all over again ? …..unless members do not know enough already ? Or just fed up of the same people posting the same old same old stuff ? .

What ever happened to loyalty ? …..you go if you want ! I will stay , even if I am posting to myself ! ….at least we have some American members that check in every day that can be bothered to support the forum ……use it or loose it ……..it’s that simple , either way ……I will not be along anytime soon .
20 June 2023, 09:00,
I'm still here my friend, on a daily basis, I will assist any new forum by posting a few items to help them along, but I have my own forum to run which takes most of my time.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
20 June 2023, 15:00,
Faithful friends, It is good that you are still here and this forum is basically used by half a dozen people and that is fine but the only way this site could get back to its glory days is if I was to restart my daily articles which isn't going to happen. It's not that I stopped believing and you can see from what is going on that the world is just crazy. I simply ran out of articles to write and didn't want to just type useless articles. I believe that I have put everything into these files and they are useful. I just don't have anything to add myself. All my data is here for download. Treat it as a library.

A new forum with new articles and new people should provide some new ways to do things. Technology moves on and things change. It can't do any harm to go and have a look.

SS, I do appreciate your thoughts and your loyalty. I don't see it being disloyal by having other sources and sites you use to gather intelligence and knowledge.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
20 June 2023, 19:51,
I enjoy this forum as a sanity check and different perspective from the gun obsessed drama of. US survival forums
Gardening, bushcraft and simple living beats paranoia. I don't post as often as I might because I try to keep my comments of general interest which are helpful from your UK viewpoint. Colour me a happy lurker.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
20 June 2023, 20:02,
Hi SD, i’m still looking in (someone has to keep an eye on SS and BP) though not posting much, and yes i do use the archives.
Over last winter age has been catching up on me and i’ve had to curtail some things. However i’m still maintaining our preps at a good level, water, food, coal, propane, solar, vehicles all as previous.
20 June 2023, 20:06,
Hi Charles i see you and MB both look in more or less daily, best wishes to you both,
keep your powder dry.
21 June 2023, 04:45,
There was a time when if you googled a subject you would be directed to a forum that had discussion on that subject that you could use for your research. If I remember correctly they actually developed out of the old "chat rooms" of the early internet.

Those days are past. Now you are directed to a tic-tok, Instagram or Facebook post of limited content and value. No organization, no oversight, no continuing discussion. If you get an answer to your question it will likely be short, sweet and the subject matter swallowed up by the next question instantly.

I belong to several forums covering subjects from Jeep maintenance, luthering skills, Blues music history, firearms research and guitar playing styles and of course the prepping in the US and UK as well as Germany. I have been a member of some of these forums for 20 years. All of them have slowed down since the pandemic and some have almost stopped all activity due to the members dying off of old age. (Except for Germany, those folks are scared sh!#less at the moment.) Forums are really considered the realm of the senior citizen now.

I engage all of these forums during the same general sweep of a day since I seem capable of doing more than one thing during the course of a day. I don't spend all day on the computer, just 15-20 minutes usually.

I do not read or cover each topic heading or fish for the new comments section by section. I go straight to the "new post" search and if there is nothing I leave instantly. Often my visit here is 10 seconds or less, daily. I generally hang about to keep up with work on the SS homestead, follow the various mods to the vans and caravans, and see if anyone ever pays attention to the news over there. (not so much I have noted)

I do not necessarily have to quit one forum to participate in another. I can belong to two at once. I can also join a forum just to obtain one simple shred of information I need and then never go back to that forum again. Joining a forum is not like taking an oath of allegiance or joining the priesthood.

I must say that all of the newest forums I have been linked too in the past couple of years have been pitiful efforts. Scarce posts of ancient age and not enough members to hold up a discussion. It seems almost impossible to get on the algorithm for links in the search engines these days.

Like CH, I tailor my comments to this particular group. You are special, "bless your hearts", and most could not and would not believe my actual level of prepping, and I am not just referring to the beans and bullet count. I suspect that CH is about the same in that what we refer to as "normal rural life" you would consider radical, extreme survivalism. I live little different than any of my neighbors, except that I sit on my back porch and play the guitar a good bit.
21 June 2023, 08:23,
Thanks guys I have a better understanding ….that takes place when people post and reply ! Your insights and opinions matter and always have ! Even when I do not necessarily agree .

As for the MM news MB ………I look daly at the total bullshit they churn out ! ….I have now become immune to their propaganda and do not buy in to any of it ! ….instead I retreat to my land and gardens ….there’s no bullshit to be found there as a go toe to toe with it .