Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air Rifle Issues
25 August 2023, 20:02,
RE: Air Rifle Issues
SD I wish to commend you on your selection. I have searched far and wide and can find no repair, disassembly or rebuild videos on the Dominator.

To me this indicates a special merit. After 60 years of building, shooting and repairing guns of all kinds I made the observation that if a gun has good sales, and the Dominator does, and has no repair videos, no bad reviews and not even a valve replacement video, it is a good firearm indeed.

The FX impact, by contrast, sells well but every video for an FX product deals with some fault of the Impact. That one is indeed a bear to take apart with a great deal of needless complication and an excessive number of very small parts.

It also appears to send the compressed air back and forth twice for the entire length of the firearm before applying it to the back end of the pellet! Looks like it anyway.

If you do decide to repair your Dominator yourself do a good study of the metering device. That model sells over here as an adjustable power rifle with low, medium and high settings. Over here even the low setting has about 17ft/lb energy and the high setting is well into the 30f/p range. You probably have the same lump in non-adjustable form that might need the application of a small drill bit in an emergency.

I know you said that you have springers for long term use, but how do you fill your PCP rifles?

I have a high pressure electric compressor that shakes the entire house, but I also have a high pressure hand pump that fills the PCPs with only minimal effort. Either of my rifles will hold 20-30 shots per fill, so it is plenty for a foraging trip.

Messages In This Thread
Air Rifle Issues - by Skean Dhude - 12 August 2023, 11:22
RE: Air Rifle Issues - by Mortblanc - 12 August 2023, 18:06
RE: Air Rifle Issues - by Mortblanc - 12 August 2023, 18:16
RE: Air Rifle Issues - by bigpaul - 13 August 2023, 09:02
RE: Air Rifle Issues - by Skean Dhude - 13 August 2023, 10:07
RE: Air Rifle Issues - by Stewart - 21 August 2023, 22:32
RE: Air Rifle Issues - by Skean Dhude - 22 August 2023, 10:46
RE: Air Rifle Issues - by Mortblanc - 25 August 2023, 20:02
RE: Air Rifle Issues - by Skean Dhude - 28 August 2023, 11:38