Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NHS ? ..... What NHS ?.
18 February 2024, 12:12,
RE: NHS ? ..... What NHS ?.
the NHS cannot cope with the population we have today, it was designed for the sheer weight of numbers many who never paid into the system they are using for free.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
18 February 2024, 12:13,
(18 February 2024, 12:12)bigpaul Wrote: the NHS cannot cope with the population we have today, it was designed for the sheer weight of numbers many who never paid into the system they are using for free.
that should read " it WASNT designed".
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
18 February 2024, 12:35,
Well it was set up as an emergency service yet gets used for elective surgery such as sex changes and IVF etc. Perhaps a return to core principles would be a start.

Everything changes. Only government run businesses fail to adapt after 50 years. Normal businesses would have gone down the pan but government business just get more cash thrown at them no matter how many diversity directors they employ on £100k pa
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
18 February 2024, 13:30,
(18 February 2024, 12:35)Skean Dhude Wrote: Well it was set up as an emergency service yet gets used for elective surgery such as sex changes and IVF etc. Perhaps a return to core principles would be a start.

Everything changes. Only government run businesses fail to adapt after 50 years. Normal businesses would have gone down the pan but government business just get more cash thrown at them no matter how many diversity directors they employ on £100k pa

how true.
27 February 2024, 08:34,
We need a serious review of what the nhs is for and for what it is not. That said every review I've witnessed (34 yrs NHS front line, now retired) has involved increasing management and outside consultants (no not Drs, advisors).
The nhs is a gigantic machine that has run away with itself. It does many valuable things, saves lives, relieves misery etc but is also incredibly wasteful.

What treatment is essential, what treatment is desirable ?
What should be free, what should only be available if paid for ?
Who is eligible for treatment under the nhs and who should pay for their care ?
Do we really need the number of managers, outside consultants etc ?

In my area, during the last few yrs prior to retirement, we had far to many nurses promoted, to management grades and a lack of nurses to do the actual work !
I can never remember, in all my yrs, ever hearing of an agency being called to supply a relief manager, because a manager went off sick. The staff simply managed themselves.

We are trying to do too much, with limited resources, the public expect instant care, after a lifetime of self abusive lifestyles and to top that, we will treat anyone, from anywhere, that can make it to a hospital AND employ interpreters to communicate with them. It is unsustainable.

If you add in the crisis that is social care, the bills will cripple us to the point, that care and treatment will break down over time and will be privatized whether we like it or not.

Add in again the welfare bill and as a country we will be able to afford little else but basic care. Infrastructure, defence, housing etc etc there will be no money for.
27 February 2024, 13:35,
if someone hasnt paid into the system by either paying national insurance or credits then treatment should not be free, emergency treatment to save lives only .
we need to remove all the diversity people and all the interpreters.
many years ago I was talking to a doctor-foreign migrant- who's English was so bad she had to be accompanied by a nurse interpreter, that nurse was Irish with a broad accent, it was difficult to understand either of them and I'm sure its much worse now.
27 February 2024, 17:22,
Interesting phone in on lbc a few months back ,regarding the large amount of illegal immigrants who live in London with no doctor because of their illegal status so when sick they go to A.E dotted around London...this apparently causes a big strain on the London system.
Survive the jive (youtube )
27 February 2024, 17:27,
I dont doubt it for one moment.
27 February 2024, 17:28,
all the systems are creaking at the seams and starting to collapse, they werent designed for the population we have now and it will only get worse.....MUCH worse.