Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 January 2024, 11:41,
A HAPPY NEW YEAR to all our members.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 January 2024, 18:00,
RE: 2024
Yes Happy New Year to one and all.

I wish you all good health, happiness, a peaceful and safe life.

However as during this time of year we tend to watch the clock and calendar more than ever
we must remember the world is more uncertain, certainly less safe and you can’t take your
eye off the ball. Keep up the prepping as the other clock, the Doomsday Clock, is 90 seconds
to midnight
4 January 2024, 20:58,
You all know sooner or later TSHTF.......

Shelter, security, water, food, heating, cooking, lighting,
first aid, medication, communication, power.

.......Don’t let the warning time become wasted time.
5 January 2024, 12:25,
keep on prepping.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 January 2024, 00:13,
With prices now lower than before the Ukraine war I’m refilling the jerrycans with fresh fuel.
7 January 2024, 03:12,
Happy New Year. A bit late but been busy.

Thanks to global warming my woods were so waterlogged that my van got stuck, next day the car did and the 4x4 sent to recover also did. In the end I had to use a tractor to recover the car and 4x4.

Plus been sorting out my computer system and updating my CV as I'm now looking for a new job. Had the option of relocating to the US or leaving. Got a nice package though so worked out OK.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
7 January 2024, 14:17,
so are you relocating to the US? what does leaving mean? you leaving us SD??
8 January 2024, 00:56,
BP,

Not relocating to the US. It's full of great people but they are similar to us, sheep, The west is going downhill and the US is leading that charge. Amazing what can happen over a few decades. Although that isn't why I didn't relocate. I would have considered going there for an assignment until the US was set up but they wanted a relocation as a commitment and I didn't want that at my stage in life.

When I said leaving I meant leaving the company I was working for. Relocate or leave. The UK is very expensive for them so they want to offshore everything. The area I was managing in is expanding rapidly in the US so they wanted me over there. So they basically moved the role and said that it was mine if I moved and a good package as well. I refused and when the music stopped I had no role so a package was devised to shut me up and I got a good deal financially but dependent on me not talking out of school. That means not talking details about my package, what happened to me or even just bad mouthing them on any site. If I do they have the right to claim it back. So as you can imagine I'm not keep on breaking that deal.
Skean Dhude
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
8 January 2024, 09:53,
what is the job market like these days? I'm glad I'm not looking for employment-not that anyone would employ me anyway!
I did try to move to Canada in the late 70s where I then had family but it didnt come off, so here I still am.
11 January 2024, 12:34,
I'm not sure. I hear it is OK but from what I see there are about 200 people applying for every role and as the process is managed by the woke morons in HR someone like me is already at a disadvantage.

I did consider selling my body but best I could get was a one off of £250 for scientific experiments as I couldn't live on 50p a week.
Skean Dhude