Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How are you prepping your biggest resource, YOURSELF ?
18 February 2024, 10:33,
How are you prepping your biggest resource, YOURSELF ?
Are you keeping fit, watching your weight ? Maybe you're looking at alternatives to medication for any illnesses you may have (if meds run out !)
Are you learning new skills ? If so what, what are the most important ones ?
Are you building a library of skills and how to's to enable you and your loved ones, to adapt to future problems.

In the end, besides 4 walls and a secure base, YOU are your greatest asset and your abilities, will determine the level to which you prosper, in difficult circumstances.

Can you afford to be personally unprepared ?

Your ideas ?
18 February 2024, 11:56,
RE: How are you prepping your biggest resource, YOURSELF ?
no one on this forum is unprepared mate.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
18 February 2024, 12:47,
I think one of the best things you can do in your life is keep yourself fit and not overweight. In saying that it isn't always something you can control and your body can change very quickly to you becoming dependent of meds and being generally unfit.

There is no doubt I have gone downhill physically over the last few years. You just have to do what you can.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
19 February 2024, 10:45,
(18 February 2024, 12:47)Skean Dhude Wrote: I think one of the best things you can do in your life is keep yourself fit and not overweight. In saying that it isn't always something you can control and your body can change very quickly to you becoming dependent of meds and being generally unfit.

There is no doubt I have gone downhill physically over the last few years. You just have to do what you can.

I absolutely agree it's so important to keep going, to keep going.
I exercised (a lot) between the ages of 20 ish and 50, I had the opportunity to retire early at 55, took it and proceeded to veg out.
Big mistake, I got unfit and overweight quite quickly. It took a lot of effort, to correct it but sadly I'm not back to where I was and may never be !
But I'm damned if I'll give in and just get ill.
19 February 2024, 10:57,
I'm 75 76 in April and I'm a lot healthier than people 20-25 years younger going by what I see when I go anywhere or what we see online and on tv, I stay off meds as much as possible, I dont trust big pharma and I didnt take the clot shot jab.
I wont say I'm super fit because I'm not but I can still go for country walks every day- we live in a rural area- and I can still lift heavy bags of compost around and I grow a lot of our own veg and fruit, I recently lost 14lbs in weight, even had to buy smaller trousers as a result!!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.